First unread post2 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby Galane » 12 Apr 2019 19:24
Somewhere out there in videoland is someone creating badly formatted SRT files. Whatever software they're using splits up all entries with more than one line so that every line has its own entry. What's worse, is it applies identical timestamps to those separated lines.

Like this

00:00:07,120 --> 00:00:08,030
- Previously,

00:00:07,210 --> 00:00:08,030
on "The Magicians"...

PotPlayer *will* display every line but in reverse order so what shows on screen is this

on "The Magicians"...
- Previously

hidden underneath the castle?
- A huge reservoir of magic

To Roderick's secret chamber?
- Where does it lead?

Like Yoda speaks
displaying words
it is.

Please fix it so it displays all entries in the exact order they are in the SRT file, top to bottom instead of bottom to top.

I use MKVToolnix GUI to mux subtitles and oddly it throws no errors on these SRTs. If the times *overlap* it complains. If the end time is earlier than the start time for an entry, it complains and omits the entry from the muxed sub.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find a subtitle editor that can merge entries with duplicate timestamps so I won't have to manually fix the whole file. Can't find any other version of the sub that's synched properly.

Some sufficiently advanced batch file wizard could do it easily enough. Locate duplicate times, strip times and entry numbers from duplicate 2, 3, etc. Remove whitespace. Renumber the entries.

DOS batch files can do some serious work. Circa 1998 I worked at a student loan servicing company that used batch files to manipulate massive databases, reorganizing, due diligence, printed bills, past due notices etc. I had to go to the office at 6:OO AM so one of the 120Mhz Pentium workstations would have time to process everything by opening time.
Unread postby D2NP » 12 Apr 2019 19:30
Send a report to the dev
https://potplayer.daum.net -> Contact Us
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
First unread post2 posts Page 1 of 1

Login