First unread post8 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby rainbow » 16 Mar 2019 19:58
I have potplayer set up without window border, and no GUI unless the mouse hovers over it, so when a video plays, all I see is the video and nothing else, neat and clean.

BUT there's still these annoying black bars, either on top / bottom or left / right, depending on the ratio of window size to video size.

It would be great if the window would snap to the videos' X or Y size when I resize horizontally or vertically. Also it would be nice if resizing diagonally could be limited to only work on a straight line (Sort of how 'Shift/resize' works in Photoshop). These two things combined would make it so that I never again had to see these depressing black bars :) It would just be one nice, clean rectangular block of video :)

In case this is already possible, take it as a request for help instead of a feature request.
Unread postby D2NP » 16 Mar 2019 23:37
Main menu - Aspect Ratio - Stretch by Keeping Aspect Ratio

but it doesn't help if the black bars are part of the video.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby rainbow » 18 Mar 2019 06:34
Nope, that's not what I mean, as it clips the video.

I guess what I request would be called 'snap to AR when resizing window'.
Unread postby D2NP » 18 Mar 2019 12:09
Preferences - Playback - Aspect Ration - Adjust AR to Window Size

Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby rainbow » 18 Mar 2019 15:26
Yeah, Magic! :) Thanks a lot!
Unread postby rainbow » 18 Mar 2019 17:30
Hm I guess its not really a bug but a bit irritating nonetheless: A video plays and I resize the window so that the video is smaller than the skins minimum size (i.e. Video about stamp size- it fills the windows' whole Y, but is smaller than the X)- When I then move the window, it automatically resizes the Y, so that it matches the AR.

Its minor, but maybe it could be fixed in some future release...
Unread postby D2NP » 18 Mar 2019 18:23
That is not bug

The minimal window size is a skins feature
Unread postby rainbow » 19 Mar 2019 07:02
Maybe not exactly a bug, but still, imo this is not desired behaviour. Because when I resize to this:

...once I grab the window to move it, it instantly snaps back to this:

Which means, there's no way to move the small window as-is.
First unread post8 posts Page 1 of 1

Login