Unread postby vertigo » 15 Sep 2018 10:25
PotPlayer's thrown a lot of errors lately, all but one on three mkv files which I created, two with Xin1Generator and one with chapterEditor. Both files are multi-edition rips of the same movie and use ordered chapters. The problem happens when I try to switch editions (Right-click > Filters > Built-in MKV Edition Source). Sometimes PotPlayer just closes, sometimes a Windows error box comes up saying it's crashed, sometimes one or two error boxes as below pop up, and sometimes it works fine (this seems to happen more after letting the video play for a bit instead of trying to switch right away, though even then it still often crashes). With the two videos created using Xin1Generator, one has the theatrical cut (TC) first and the extended cut (EC) second and the other vice-versa. The one made with chapterEditor 1.03 has the EC first, as that was the only option with that program. All three crash, though the chapterEditor one *might* be worse, but I'm not really sure. It doesn't seem to matter which cut is first, and therefore it doesn't seem to be an issue switching from the TC to the EC or vice-versa, but rather switching from the first to the second (I'm not sure if it's crashed at all switching from the second to the first). I've done several multi-edition rips, and this is the first time I've run into this, so it seems to be an issue with the file/movie. Maybe the disc is slightly scratched and that made the rip a bit glitchy. But VLC handles the files perfectly fine, and I have experienced one similar error on a completely different file since as well (not a multi-edition file). Anyways, here are the errors; not sure if any of this will point to a bug in PotPlayer or not, but wanted to bring it up just in case:

Error from file made with Xin1

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00007FFFD32612BA] at ntdll.dll
Additional exception information has been stored locally
and this application will be terminated.

Errors from file made with chapterEditor

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00007FFFD32612BA] at ntdll.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00000000644B59A9] at ffcodec64.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x0000000063CC394D] at ffcodec64.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00007FFF73F131B1] at msvcrt.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00007FFF768312BA] at ntdll.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x0000000063483E21] at PotPlayer64.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00007FFF31276CE7] at PotPlayer64.dll

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x0000000063483E21] at
(This is not a typo; there was no dll name given at least once)

Error from separate, unrelated file

Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00000000639B3333] at ffcodec64.dll
Unread postby D2NP » 15 Sep 2018 16:05
Need a sample file to confirm the problem.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby vertigo » 15 Sep 2018 23:44
Well, I can't upload a 30GB file. Are there any error logs that would help?

Edit: Also, not sure if it's just me, but I'm not getting any notification emails from this forum.
Unread postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2018 00:57
Can you create a small sample file with a problem?

Read a post in my signature.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby vertigo » 16 Sep 2018 01:47
I tried chopping a piece off of it before and it didn't work, but I figured it out. I had to extract the chapters from the full video and mux them in with the sample piece, but it works. It makes it look like the video is much longer than it is, but that doesn't matter, and it crashes, so hopefully it'll be helpful. Do you have a preferred place for me to upload it to, or should I just put it up on a file hosting site and give you the link?

And the problem exists with the beta version as well. Also, with the beta version, often when grabbing an edge/corner and dragging to resize it, it just moves the whole window instead.
Unread postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2018 02:08
vertigo wrote:just put it up on a file hosting site and give you the link

Any file hosting.. You can give a link here, or send to the PM.

vertigo wrote:Also, with the beta version, often when grabbing an edge/corner and dragging to resize it, it just moves the whole window instead.

I sent report to the dev.
Unread postby vertigo » 16 Sep 2018 04:47
Unread postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2018 05:48
VLC also crashes
so is file problem. (or a bad sample)
Unread postby vertigo » 16 Sep 2018 07:10
Hmm. You're right. Wish I'd thought to check that before uploading. Turns out I apparently made it a bit too short. Making it just a little longer makes it so VLC doesn't crash, but PotPlayer still does. I've uploaded a new file. Also, as I mentioned before, I think maybe the disc is scratched a bit and that's caused the file to be slightly glitched, since even though VLC doesn't crash when switching editions/titles the video does sometimes glitch a bit when doing so. It appears VLC is able to handle this minor imperfection, whereas PotPlayer often is not.
Unread postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2018 21:46
Ok, i sent a report.

Login