Unread postby daniel121 » 14 Sep 2018 15:47
when i open or click a video, pot player software load after some minute but it is not opening the video in potplayer. empty background of pot player only visible. when i use default windows 10 player, the videos are working. I tried reinstalling POT PLAYER BUT STILL THE PROBLEM EXISTS.please help me to solve the issue
Unread postby D2NP » 14 Sep 2018 23:43
Try latest version of the player or latest beta
Try reset settings

or attach a problem file (sample file)
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby vertigo » 14 Sep 2018 23:50
Sounds like maybe a codec/filter or settings issue. Try reinstalling it and resetting the settings.
Unread postby daniel121 » 15 Sep 2018 13:24
D2NP wrote:Try latest version of the player or latest beta
Try reset settings

or attach a problem file (sample file)


Hi Guys,
i installed this version,as usual the player open and runs and play a video for first time and later when i close the potplayer and again open a video for second time, now the same problem exists
https://ibb.co/fTTsn9
i cant able to attach image file, please check this img url. Thank u
Unread postby D2NP » 15 Sep 2018 16:04
Need a sample file to confirm the problem.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby vertigo » 15 Sep 2018 23:39
I assume you're trying to play the same file that played at first, and not a different one? And that you've tried different files? For example, if you reinstall PotPlayer, and file 1 plays, then you close it and try to play file 1 again, it doesn't work? And trying file 2, 3, etc, doesn't work, but if you reinstall then file 2 works, but only the first time, and so on? Also, how are you playing the files? Are you double-clicking them in Explorer, dragging them into PotPlayer, browsing and loading them with PotPlayer? I assume these files play fine in other players?
Unread postby daniel121 » 16 Sep 2018 16:11
vertigo wrote:I assume you're trying to play the same file that played at first, and not a different one? And that you've tried different files? For example, if you reinstall PotPlayer, and file 1 plays, then you close it and try to play file 1 again, it doesn't work? And trying file 2, 3, etc, doesn't work, but if you reinstall then file 2 works, but only the first time, and so on? Also, how are you playing the files? Are you double-clicking them in Explorer, dragging them into PotPlayer, browsing and loading them with PotPlayer? I assume these files play fine in other players?


yes,
VERTIGO
exactly THATS THE PROBLEM, only potplayer works for the first time after installation.Then i closed it and again open any file it wont play that file at all. it shows like this image https://ibb.co/fTTsn9 .
FOR YOUR SECOND QUESTION:
I PLAY THE VIDEOS BY DOUBLE CLICKING THE FILE IN EXPLORER.
FOR THIRD QUESTION:
YEAH THESE FILES PLAY FINE IN OTHER PLAYERS. PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.THANK YOU
Unread postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2018 21:53
daniel121 wrote:PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
To confirm the problem, need a sample file (not screenshot). You can upload the file to any file hosting, and give a link here, or send to the PM.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby vertigo » 17 Sep 2018 01:54
FYI, D2NP is more the "official" support here, while I'm just another user trying to help a bit where I can, so we're going to have different approaches. I definitely suggest uploading a sample so they can take a look at it. That said, what I would do for my own troubleshooting is the following:

  • See if there's any on-screen display message when dragging a file onto PotPlayer or when pressing the play button
  • If you have access to another computer, try on there and see if you have the same problem. Also, assuming you know how, create a VM and try in there.
  • It doesn't appear to be an issue with PotPlayer actually seeing/reading the file, since it shows the file's duration, but try right-clicking it in the playlist and selecting "File information..." to see if it provides that. That should show if the issue is with reading the file or playing it.
  • See if a reboot will get it to play again, even if only once again until another reboot.
Unread postby daniel121 » 17 Sep 2018 02:16
D2NP wrote:
daniel121 wrote:PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
To confirm the problem, need a sample file (not screenshot). You can upload the file to any file hosting, and give a link here, or send to the PM.

sample file?

Login

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests