First unread post8 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby vertigo » 14 Sep 2018 09:34
I usually park PotPlayer in the bottom-left corner, docked against the screen edge and the taskbar. If I close it and reopen it, it opens exactly where it should, as expected, UNLESS I have another instance open, whether on the same desktop or a different one (W10 virtual desktops). It doesn't matter where it is, if I open a second instance, put it in the bottom-left corner, then close and reopen it, it opens in that corner, docked against the left edge of the screen, but it's about 0.5cm above the task bar. Opening another instance does the same thing, but a bit higher, and so on, continually moving a little higher up. If I close the new instance before opening another one, then it doesn't move any higher, but it still remains at the same raised location as the other one was. If I close the first instance, the position is remembered correctly again. However, the opposite also happens. So for example, if the first one was in the middle of the screen, and I open a second one and move it to the bottom-left, then I close the first one and open a new one, the new one will be more toward the middle of the screen, like the first one, but slightly lower. It's as if new instances' vertical positions tend slightly toward the vertical position of other open instances.
Unread postby D2NP » 15 Sep 2018 00:05
So what's the bug?
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby vertigo » 15 Sep 2018 05:44
The fact the remembered window position is affected by other open instances of PotPlayer, making new windows open higher or lower than they should whenever another instance is open.
Unread postby vertigo » 17 Sep 2018 05:03
This also apparently happens even if there aren't other instances open elsewhere on the screen, but just opening more instances when one is open in its normal position. Here's a picture showing what happens (I've numbered the windows in the order I opened them):

Unread postby Dreamer » 19 Sep 2018 03:54
If you need to open PP window at the same position, you can these options:

Preferences > General > Startup > When starting - use custom option (for PP window without video)

Preferences > Playback > Playback settings > Default window size - custom option (for PP window with video)

It's not easy to set the correct values, but you never lose these options.
Unread postby vertigo » 19 Sep 2018 04:41
I don't always want it in the same position, it depends what I'm doing. Sometimes I want it to open more centrally, sometimes I want it to open in the bottom-left corner. If I'm working on something where I want it in the corner, I want other instances to open there as well, which is what would be expected since that's where the first one is. But there's apparently a bug that causes a shift in the position when other instances are open. It's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance, and a bug is a bug. I'm not saying it should be a priority by any means, but it's something I'd think the developer would want to look into.
Unread postby D2NP » 20 Sep 2018 03:07
Try disable
Preferences - General - Use non-overlapping multi instances
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby vertigo » 20 Sep 2018 03:54
Thanks! That fixed it. So not a bug, just a missed setting.
First unread post8 posts Page 1 of 1

Login