6 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Willedsteak » 14 Sep 2018 00:29
hi there

i'm new here but i have been using pot player for 2 years at least and i noticed my pot player plays my videos at a lower quality than it did before and i got so pissed , tried to fix it by doing some settings and make some option higher for rendering stuff but still not better

can someone pls help me i'm struggling so hard here
Postby vertigo » 14 Sep 2018 23:53
What do you mean by lower quality? Lower resolution? Just looks worse? Something else? How exactly are you determining it? Did you try reinstalling it and/or resetting the settings? Are your video drivers up to date? Do other programs do the same thing? Is it with all videos or just some?
Postby Willedsteak » 16 Sep 2018 04:08
vertigo wrote:What do you mean by lower quality? Lower resolution? Just looks worse? Something else? How exactly are you determining it? Did you try reinstalling it and/or resetting the settings? Are your video drivers up to date? Do other programs do the same thing? Is it with all videos or just some?

lower resolution (its like u zoomed in but i checked its not) and it looks bad i didn't reinstall i tried to reset the settings by checking this option at configuration " Activate default preset at program start " i don't know if this things reset the settings or not i just read it online it says do this , its looks bad for all videos and about my graphic drivers i think its updated
Postby vertigo » 16 Sep 2018 04:49
To reset the settings, open preferences and click the "Reset" button at the bottom-left. You can export your current settings first if you want to be able to revert to them afterwards. Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like in PotPlayer and in another player?
Postby Willedsteak » 16 Sep 2018 21:11
vertigo wrote:To reset the settings, open preferences and click the "Reset" button at the bottom-left. You can export your current settings first if you want to be able to revert to them afterwards. Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like in Pot Player and in another player?

i did reinstalled and changed some of the settings it got better (not the best i wanted but its ok )
thanks man for u'r helps , i really appreciate it
just one more question which one of the video renderer is the highest quality in Pot player ?
Postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2018 21:45
Willedsteak wrote: just one more question which one of the video renderer is the highest quality in Pot player ?
Default settings + DXVA (Menu - Filters - Use built-in DXVA Video Decoder)
this should be enough

highest quality - it is individual for each user

Also, the VGA settings also contain parameters that affect the video quality, I turn them off.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Login