9 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby omer2018pot » 09 Sep 2018 20:29
Hello,

I am using Pot Player 32bit (1.7.14283) with default settings.

With any 60fps movie that I try to watch, there is an issue with frame rate.

If the movie opens in the default movie's resolution (e.g. 1920x1080) movie seems to play OK but if I resize the window (I have a 4K TV) to a bigger window (not even maximize) the frame rate drops to half, everything seems to play in slow motion, the whole program looks "heavy" and not very responsive and I can't actually watch any 60fps movie.

If using the option 'full screen exclusive mode: enable (fastest)' and switch to full screen, it plays fine. If I quit full screen (just maximize), again, frame rate drops, there is no audio sync, everything is in slow motion etc.

I tried to switch to different video renders with no luck.

If tested with VLC, everything seems to work fine either in maximize or full screen mode. The movie plays smooth with no lags or any other issue.

According to VLC codecs info, all files use the following codec: H264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc 1).

Any suggestions how to solve this ?

Thank you,
Omer.
Postby D2NP » 11 Sep 2018 16:49
The Dev answer:
"That is low power of VGA
Maybe D3D11 renderer or DX9 renderer is help"
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
Postby omer2018pot » 17 Sep 2018 06:26
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried both Direct 3D 9 and 11. It doesn't really solve the problem. As soon as I even move the window and/or resize while I watch, the video and audio are out of sync and the software is again "heavy", right click to open the menu takes longer, getting into preferences also takes longer and everything is much slower than before.

also, at initial startup of the movie it may be out of sync with frame rate dropping below 60fps (40 something or 30 something) and if I right click and choose the video renderer already chosen it may "fix" itself and continue normally. I really don't understand this.

with normal 24fps movies everything is ok.

VLC plays everything with no problem - including 60fps.

Is there an option to use the codec VLC uses instead or is it specific to VLC ?

Thank you,
Omer.
Postby D2NP » 17 Sep 2018 22:07
Do you use DXVA?
Menu - Filters - Use built-in DXVA Video Decoder

Take screenshot with info on screen (start playback and use Tab key)
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Postby omer2018pot » 18 Sep 2018 04:48
Hello,
Please see attached two screens.

Just for comparison I later tested the same movie with VLC - smooth video (unlike POT where the video always jumps/missing frames), not even one frame dropped, no lags, no slow motion, no high CPU.
sample 1:

sample 2:

Thank you,
Omer.
Postby omer2018pot » 19 Sep 2018 05:04
hello,

i am not sure what this means and how it is related to my problem.

also, why VLC works fine and POT dosn't ?

if it helps, here is a screen shot from the dxva checker software that you mentioned in your last reply:Image

either way, is there anything to do about it or the only option is to stick with two players and sitch between them when needed ?

thank you,
omer.
Postby D2NP » 20 Sep 2018 03:05
Yes, use VLC
Postby omer2018pot » 20 Sep 2018 05:24
thank you.

omer.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Login