4 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Yin Cognyto » 11 Aug 2018 04:25
I want to make a playlist user menu that has the following commands/submenus from the playlist default context menu:
- Playlist (submenu)
- Playback Queue (submenu)
- View as (submenu)
- Detect file durations
- File information...
- Create Thumbnail Image(s)...
- Playlist settings...

I managed to make most of it, writing an user menu in my Logo.txt:
Code: Select all
<Menu>
   <UserMenu Name='PlaylistSettingsMenu' >
      <SubMenu Name='$PLAYLIST' >
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_OPEN' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_SAVE' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_PERSIST' />
      </SubMenu>
      <SubMenu Name='$PLAYBACK_QUEUE' >
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_QUEUE_ADD' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_QUEUE_RESET' />
      </SubMenu>
      <SubMenu Name='$VIEW_AS' >
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW0' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW1' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW2' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW3' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW4' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW5' />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_VIEW6' />
         <MenuItem />
         <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_THUMB_REFRESH' />
      </SubMenu>
      <MenuItem />
      <MenuItem />
      <MenuItem CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_PLAYLIST_SET' />
   </UserMenu>
</Menu>
The problems I have with this are:
- the commands for the playlist default popup menus (CMD_PLAYLIST_MENU_PL and CMD_PLAYLIST_MENU_QUEUE) don't appear in my user menu (even though their popup menus appear for a single button CmdID) - which is why I had to make those popups manually, like above
- the commands for 16:9 thumbnail (from the View as submenu), Detect file durations (ID_PLAYLIST_DETECT I think), File information... and Create Thumbnail Image(s)... are either hard to find or, in the case of ID_PLAYLIST_DETECT, they also don't appear in my user menu
- I don't know how to make the hotkeys appear to the right of the command strings (interestingly, for the main window user menu commands like ID_VIDEO_INC_HUE, the hotkeys appear - just not for the playlist user menu commands... maybe you can correct this, if possible?)

How to solve these problems? Any ideas?
Postby D2NP » 13 Aug 2018 22:07
Not all commands support a UserMenu.
You need to contact the developer.
The developer can add support for these commands in the UserMenu, if possible.
And so that you can test and report to the developer if something is not displayed.
Attach a test skin with an example of a UserMenu in the message to the developer.

Check PM.

" I don't know how to make the hotkeys appear to the right of the command strings "
If I understand correctly, you need to use a "Tab", the text after the "Tab" will be displayed on the right side
example
Postby Yin Cognyto » 14 Aug 2018 00:17
Many thanks for the PM and the "Tab" key trick. I'll think about contacting the dev on this, will let you know.
D2NP wrote:If I understand correctly, you need to use a "Tab", the text after the "Tab" will be displayed on the right side
Yes, you generally understood correctly, and the "Tab" key definitely helps, but I meant more like an automated way to display the hotkeys, because if I use "Tab" for this and the hotkey is changed by the user, the skin will continue to display the "old hotkey" (aka the one before the change). By comparison, if the hotkey is displayed automatically, I think the text "updates" when the user changes the hotkeys assignement - correct me if I'm wrong. The "tab" workaround would be perfect if there was a way of referring to a command's hotkey in the XML code...
Postby D2NP » 14 Aug 2018 02:18
"but I meant more like an automated way to display the hotkeys"
I do not know.
Ask the dev.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Login