Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Unread postby Dreamer » 19 Feb 2019 05:35
I have a request for the fMod skin DM mode:

- change [+] playlist button function for left mouse button from "Open" to "Paste"

I never used option "Open", I'm using file manager to directly open items, or drag and drop to PP.

I'm using copy/paste links from web browser very often, I click the extension item to copy link to clipboard and then paste to PP playlist, I always have to click the playlist, so I must use mouse, then I need to paste, so now I have to right click the [+] button, select "Paste" and click. Sometimes I need to copy/paste more links, 4 or 5 and I have to always right click>select>click.

This "Paste" option is very useful and universal, it works for web browser links, youtube links, extension to get the video link, file from explorer, file manager, even multiple files, it's possible to click a single "copy" button to copy, but it's not possible to use a single "paste" button within PotPlayer.

It's possible to remove item with a single click, remove all items with a single click, but I can't paste item with a single click.

BTW The same button as playlist "open" is in the main nav. bar (next to playlist button), so it's another reason why [+] playlist button should be changed to "paste", at least for DM mode.

I found, that [/\] "Open" button in nav. bar has option menu don't have "paste" option when I right click, could you add it there please?

Perhaps in DM mode, could you change the [/\] "Open" left click function in nav. bar to "paste" too?
Unread postby D2NP » 19 Feb 2019 17:24
" change [+] playlist button function for left mouse button from "Open" to "Paste" "
" Perhaps in DM mode, could you change the [/\] "Open" left click function in nav. bar to "paste" too? "
No. But you can edit the skin,
CmdID to paste clipboard in current playlist:
Code: Select all
ID_PLAYLIST_PASTE
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 20 Feb 2019 05:08
Why not? :(

OK, but which file in the skin I have to edit, which text replace with which?

For playlist [+] left click and for [/\] "Open" nav. bar left click?
Unread postby D2NP » 22 Feb 2019 02:28
the combination of Ctrl + V and a similar menu item is enough

Finding the button code is easy
by Tooltip or\and StringTable file

so just find in StringTable.xml:
Add files...

Name of "string" of "Add files..." button in playlist -> $ID_PLAYLIST_FILE_ADD

https://imgur.com/DMPI9xJ

so just find that string name by all files in skin folder (Ctrl+Shift+F in Notepad++)
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby Dreamer » 22 Feb 2019 06:47
Thanks, it works now in playlist.

I'd like to change also the Open / Eject nav. bar button [/\], because I never used this button, I want to replace it with Paste, the same as Ctrl+V to directly paste and play item from clipboard.

I found this:

<StringTable Name='$ID_OPEN_FILE' String='Open File... | Open' />

Then I found it in 4 files:

<Button Tooltip='$ID_OPEN_FILE' CmdID='ID_OPEN_FILE' AltCmdID='CMD_POPUP_USER_MENU' AltUserMenuName='OpenMenu'

I tried to change CmdID='ID_OPEN_FILE' to CmdID='ID_PASTE' but it doesn't work - is it possible to change that Open button left click function to paste?

The problem is, that this button don't have "paste" even in the right click menu, there is no easy way to quickly paste and play with mouse.

D2NP wrote:the combination of Ctrl + V and a similar menu item is enough

It's not easy to use, I have to open playlist, right click and move the cursor to "paste" item exactly, I have to do this often so I can misclick - if I misclick to "copy", I lose the link, if I misclick to "paste recent items list", many items are added to playlist and I have to find which items are bad and which are good.

Ctrl+V paste and play directly, so it's not good if I need to paste many links and I have to use mouse to copy every time, so I have to switch between mouse and keyboard all the time...
Unread postby D2NP » 22 Feb 2019 07:37
not ID_PASTE
use
ID_PLAYLIST_PASTE

it's just the name of the command (function), can be used in any part of the skin
Unread postby Dreamer » 22 Feb 2019 08:16
I know about this, but I wanted direct paste&play, same function as ctrl+v for this button.

This way I could use one button to paste&play and the playlist + button to paste to playlist.
Unread postby D2NP » 22 Feb 2019 13:33
"direct paste&play"
ID_OPEN_CLIPBOARD
Unread postby steel » 23 Feb 2019 04:32
Dreamer wrote:you can use that [-] button and it will delete "currently playing" item, you can test it, just a single click.

Hi Dreamer, i just tried it and it just removes the file from the playlist and for sure does not the delete the file from harddisk which is what i intend to do. Therefore, there still does not seem to be a possibility to delete a file with one click:-(
Unread postby Dreamer » 23 Feb 2019 05:16
Thanks, it works.
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next

Login