Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Unread postby Karval » 08 Oct 2020 04:31
So you should keep an old version and stay on it. :|
Unread postby mlmason75 » 09 Oct 2020 01:14
I also asked if a "Paid" Ad free version was a possibility in the future and their reply was the following.

"maybe Yes"

I love Potplayer and I think it is by far the best media player on Windows 10 so I would definitely buy the Ad Free version as long as it's not way to pricey.
Unread postby UberAlles » 11 Oct 2020 22:47
@Karval
Where do I download older versions? The website only has the latest one.
Unread postby Karval » 12 Oct 2020 22:47
MMK wrote:The image below shows what's triggering the popup, I completely disabled Internet Explorer from accessing the internet and not had a popup since.

Below that, you can see where internet Explorer is installed to (you can remove it completely, but as other browsers use IE's properties, I'd advise against completely removing IE 11) and below that, I blocked inbound and outbound internet access via my Firewall (Bitdefender Total Security v25/2021.)

Hope this helps.

I have finally tried your tip, but it doesn't work.
I have created rules with Windows Defender, incoming et outcoming, and both for Programs and Program Files.
So there are 4 rules.
The popup still appears. :cry:
Unread postby baleine » 16 Oct 2020 16:37
Karval wrote:With the portable version of Potplayer, I haven't the ad.
This is a 32 bits version.

The versions I install are all in 64 bits.

For those who haven't this ad, do you use the 32 bits Potplayer ?

i have this awful ad on PotPlayer 201014 Beta 64-bit
Unread postby baleine » 16 Oct 2020 16:43
can you tell me how i can trigger the pop up? so far it happens randomly.
Unread postby baleine » 18 Oct 2020 17:00
Karval wrote:
MMK wrote:The image below shows what's triggering the popup, I completely disabled Internet Explorer from accessing the internet and not had a popup since.

Below that, you can see where internet Explorer is installed to (you can remove it completely, but as other browsers use IE's properties, I'd advise against completely removing IE 11) and below that, I blocked inbound and outbound internet access via my Firewall (Bitdefender Total Security v25/2021.)

Hope this helps.

I have finally tried your tip, but it doesn't work.
I have created rules with Windows Defender, incoming et outcoming, and both for Programs and Program Files.
So there are 4 rules.
The popup still appears. :cry:

I blocked both IE in my FW but the popup is still there. My FW is simplewall
Unread postby Karval » 20 Oct 2020 01:40
baleine wrote:can you tell me how i can trigger the pop up? so far it happens randomly.

It appears only once a day. Even if you restart your PC.
Except by using an old version, I don't know how to avoir this.
v1.7.18958 64-bit is OK. Maybe some newer versions are too.
Unread postby Havokdan » 20 Oct 2020 05:01
Until today it never appeared to me, or it is the kaspersky that blocked without me knowing or the hosts that I use on windows have blocked the address where it comes from.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next

Login