First unread post7 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby Yin Cognyto » 26 Jun 2018 02:46
Is the playlist attachement status (e.g. attached, detached) consistent (aka the same) between skin modes (e.g. video mode, audio mode), or you can have different playlist attachement statuses for the video skin compared to the audio one? If the latter is true, how can I make PotPlayer "remember" that I want the playlist attached in video mode and detached in the audio mode?

Test sample: PotXMP 4.0 skin on DeviantArt. I can either attach or detach the playlist in each skin mode and I've checked the Remember window position & size of each skin mode in PotPlayer's Skin Settings, but if I attach the playlist in the video skin mode, it stays attached in the audio skin mode (and I want it detached while playing audio).

Is there any setting I have to check for this or maybe edit the skin accordingly? If I have to edit the skin to make it happen, what XML commands I have to look for (or add to the XMLs/TXTs)? I can't figure that out from examining the default skin variants, since most of them if not all don't have the attach option in audio mode (or it doesn't work), so the playlist is detached by default while playing audio. This is the desired behavior I want, but I need to know how to do it myself, so that I can apply it to any skin that I'm using.
Unread postby D2NP » 26 Jun 2018 05:44
Yes, Playlist attachement status is the same for all skin modes
But you can edit the skin

In PotXMP it will be
Code: Select all
CMD_PLAYLIST_TOGGLE
PotXMP - AudioSkin.xml - line 39-42, 43-44, and 17-18 (for On Screen Control)
comment\delete these line
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Yin Cognyto » 26 Jun 2018 07:32
D2NP wrote:Yes, Playlist attachement status is the same for all skin modes

Too bad - I guess this should be included in the feature request: playlist attachement status should be particular for each skin mode. Yep.

D2NP wrote:AudioSkin.xml - line 39-42, 43-44, and 17-18 (for On Screen Control): comment\delete these line

Many thanks for the workaround - I guess this is the same workaround as in one of the default skin variants on DeviantArt: assign no action for the playlist attachment toggle button ... but I couldn't realize how it was done until you told me. Much appreciated. I guess I'll remove the playlist attachment toggle button alltogether then, there is no point in having a button that does nothing there. By the way, I had to also comment the lines 13-16 in PotXMP's AudioSkin.xml for the OSC to work as expected :)

One off-topic question: Do you happen to know if the touch features / gestures / actions work even if the skin is not explicitly touch compatible (i.e. if it doesn't have those
Code: Select all
#if<SkinType==Touch> #else #endif
code blocks, like in PotXMP)?

P.S. I greatly appreciate the info you provide for the PotPlayer skinning community, here and on ruboard. Good luck to your country at the WC ;)
Unread postby D2NP » 26 Jun 2018 22:30
Yin Cognyto wrote:different playlist attachement statuses
That is unable

Yin Cognyto wrote:the touch features / gestures / actions work even if the skin is not explicitly touch compatible (i.e. if it doesn't have those
CODE: SELECT ALL
#if<SkinType==Touch> #else #endif
code blocks, like in PotXMP)?
Touch skin and Touch function is independent

Answers according to the dev.

There are two other workarounds.
Make additional option in audio mode.
<Button CmdID='CMD_SET_SKIN_STYLE' SkinStyle='YourScriptName' ... />

And Enclose all code blocks in a script
#if<SkinStyle==YourScriptName>
#else
line 39-42
#endif

Make preset for audio mode
Preferences - Configuration - Configuration Management
- Duplicate current preset
- Select duplicated preset and "Activate"
- Enable option "If audio playback"
- Enable option "Activate default preset at program start"
- apply changes and restart player
- play auido
done, detach playlist in audio mode
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby Yin Cognyto » 26 Jun 2018 23:42
Excellent worakaround alternatives! In the absence of different playlist attachement statuses, toggling between customized skin styles that cover both scenarios (i.e. being able to attach / detach as well as using a fixed attachement status for the audio skin) is definitely the best available choice. I'll consider this when I'll get to a more in-depth editing of the audio skin - thanks.

Off topic: I saw your post about making a skin creator application for PotPlayer the other day and I agree with the idea. If I had seen your post last year, I would have offered to make a try in C# or something, but this year I might be busy in the 2nd part of the year and wouldn't have the time to complete it in a satisfactory way. But the idea is great, and it shouldn't be too hard to do it (of course, assuming there would be a complete documentation on those XML based IDs and commands available - which doesn't exist, unfortunately) - after all, it's all about separately using an image editor for the PNGs and just choosing the frame coordinates for the buttons and PotPlayer sections in those PNGs, along with some combo-boxes, radio buttons and checkmarks to set things like states, transparency, page indexes and so on in the hypothetic skin creator application. After that, packing the files as zip and renaming the zip as dsf should be available in most programming languages, as well as executing PotPlayer with the relevant skin to preview the results.

But then, the skin building is going well enough without a skin creator too, so it wouldn't be absolutely necessary to make one. The drawback of making skins "the classic way" is that most created skins are incomplete or have certain visual bugs in various circumstances. From that POV, PotXMP is one of the most complete skins that I tested - the only things it doesn't have are the touch code blocks (but it has the logo that acts as a subtitute well enough) and the mini version of the audio skin (not exactly required).
Unread postby D2NP » 27 Jun 2018 02:23
Yin Cognyto wrote:assuming there would be a complete documentation on those XML based IDs and commands available - which doesn't exist, unfortunately
most likely there is no such documentation
just contact the developer, maybe he will provide some information

Yin Cognyto wrote:PotXMP is one of the most complete skins that I tested - the only things it doesn't have are the touch code blocks
try to contact the author of the cover
and possibly, he will make the playlist detach in audio mode
Unread postby Yin Cognyto » 27 Jun 2018 02:58
D2NP wrote:just contact the developer, maybe he will provide some information

I'll think about it, if I ever decide to make such an application.

D2NP wrote:try to contact the author of the cover, and possibly, he will make the playlist detach in audio mode

I did, but DeviantArt doesn't notify you by email when you got a message, just like here. :| That being said, I already detached the playlist in audio mode following your advice and I'll apply your other workarounds later on - so it's mostly done. Now I'm just rearranging the bottom buttons in the skin ... I've modded PotPlayer skins before, a couple of years ago ;)
First unread post7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login