First unread post4 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby Dreamer » 17 Mar 2018 07:45
I miss the information about remaining time and others when seeking, pausing, cursor move, etc.

In other players, when seeking, at least OSD info is shown, with time/total time or remaining time, or the navigation bar is shown on cursor move, so it's easy to see the remaining time.

When I seek or pause video in PP, I have to move a mouse to bottom part of window, or use additional keyboard shortcut to display time information.

My suggestion is to show navigation bar for few seconds, in window and fullscreen mode in these situations (always, or as option):
- video start
- pause
- resume
- seek
- mode switch (window <> fullscreen)
- cursor move
(in window or fullscreen move)
Unread postby D2NP » 17 Mar 2018 21:48
You talking about the OSC mode?
Always try the latest beta version (now x64 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 18 Mar 2018 01:55
I think it doesn't matter, if OSC is enabled or disabled, while playing the file, the navigation bar is hidden, in window and in fullscreen mode. Why you're asking?

Alternatively I'd be happy also with OSD in those situations.

Currently:

- when I open a video file, there's just a file name in OSD
- when seeking, there's just current time and %, it's hard/impossible to guess the total/remaining time from "0:00:24 0%"
- when pausing/resuming, there is no time info at all in OSD

In VLC it was not perfect either, but there was some basic time info in these situations, now I have to use mouse and move a cursor to bottom edge. In VLC I had the time info while seeking and the navigation bar (with time info) if I just "touch" the mouse, no need to move a cursor.

Another VLC feature is, that I could click the time in the nav. bar to switch between current/remaining time, but it's OT and I already requested it - and I have the remaining time always visible, thanks to your skins. :)
Unread postby D2NP » 18 Mar 2018 21:46
Just clarified how you use the program because
By default, in window, while playing the file, the navigation bar is Displayed, except when the OSC mode is on and "Auto hide main skin... ".
Always try the latest beta version (now x64 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
First unread post4 posts Page 1 of 1

Login