7 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Dreamer » 22 May 2017 05:12
Since the new versions are releasing almost every day, such a feature would be very useful.

Perhaps show dialog on start, that new version is available, with the 3 buttons:
- install now
- remind later
- disable auto-update

When selecting "install now", the new version would be downloaded, installed, player restarted.

Thanks.
Postby V@no » 22 May 2017 12:03
I don't believe beta versions check for beta versions updates, it only checks for final versions updates, which has pretty much all the features you are asking.
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby Dreamer » 22 May 2017 17:09
OK, then my request is to add the option to auto-update also beta versions, perhaps also display a dialog with the changelog and options:

- install now
- remind me later (in 1 day)
- skip this version (if there is no important update/fix)
Postby 감자사랑 » 22 May 2017 18:28
Sometimes before, there was also such a feature for beta releases but it was disabled for some reason. I don't think it will return for no reason. Most people do not need daily updates except for the ardent.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Postby Dreamer » 22 May 2017 19:16
Why not using the option for main versions, just a separate option for beta versions:

- always
- never
- every week

Currently I'm using beta version, option to update "always", but it works as it would be "never".
Postby Dreamer » 01 Jul 2017 08:37
1.7.2710 64-bit (non beta) is available, but the actual 64-bit v1.7.2233 couldn't find it, "Check for updates" button says: "You are using the lates version..."
Postby Dreamer » 21 Oct 2017 06:33
If auto-install for beta versions can't be added, is there any change at least to make the manual installation easier?

I mean just remember these options:
- create program group
- create PP shortcut on desktop
- create PP shortcut in quick launch

- association

I'm using 64-bit by default and 32-bit for testing, so I have to change the option to "None (keed current associations)", every time, it's so annoying.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login