Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Unread postby King Mustard » 12 Sep 2020 22:07

I'm in the UK and using 200908 (1.7.21293) 64-bit (non-portable).

It fades away after a few seconds.

Any ideas?
Unread postby Dreamer » 13 Sep 2020 01:44
You're not the only one, few users reported it, probably it's an AD, but I'm not sure, I don't have this popup window yet.

Perhaps ask the developer via email, homepage, scroll down, CONTACT US.
Unread postby Karval » 13 Sep 2020 17:36
I was going to ask here about this.
I'm also concerned.
Unread postby Dreamer » 13 Sep 2020 22:00
More users reported this issue, but I don't have this popup window, don't know why, it's the same/latest PotPlayer version, tested even with default settings, may OS is Windows 10 2004 64-bit, using Defender, no other antivirus. First - that popup ad had just users from Asia - with the real ad, not just PotPlayer logo, now users from US, Canada and UK reported it, I'm from EU, it's the only difference I can see, so perhaps EU protects users somehow, GDPR or something?

Where are you from? Is there any user from EU who has this popup ad/logo?

I think the developer prefer email communication, so I'd ask him via email, but I don't have that popup ad, so I can't.

https://potplayer.daum.net/ - scroll down - click to CONTACT US.
Unread postby King Mustard » 13 Sep 2020 23:13
Dreamer wrote:More users reported this issue, but I don't have this popup window, don't know why, it's the same/latest PotPlayer version, tested even with default settings, may OS is Windows 10 2004 64-bit, using Defender, no other antivirus. First - that popup ad had just users from Asia - with the real ad, not just PotPlayer logo, now users from US, Canada and UK reported it, I'm from EU, it's the only difference I can see, so perhaps EU protects users somehow, GDPR or something?

I think the developer prefer email communication, so I'd ask him via email, but I don't have that popup ad, so I can't.

I'm in the UK.
Unread postby Karval » 14 Sep 2020 00:13
Dreamer wrote:More users reported this issue, but I don't have this popup window, don't know why, it's the same/latest PotPlayer version, tested even with default settings, may OS is Windows 10 2004 64-bit, using Defender, no other antivirus. First - that popup ad had just users from Asia - with the real ad, not just PotPlayer logo, now users from US, Canada and UK reported it, I'm from EU, it's the only difference I can see, so perhaps EU protects users somehow, GDPR or something?

I'm from EU too.
I have 3 different PC. This pop up appears on the 3. 1 is still on 1909 version of W10. The others are up to date. And the 3 have only Defender too.

I emailed them 3 hours ago.
Unread postby Dreamer » 14 Sep 2020 06:11
Thanks for the info, it's really strange, if it's country related, perhaps just big countries have that popup ad?

Please let us know, if developer reply.
Unread postby Havokdan » 14 Sep 2020 08:14
I haven't seen any yet.
Unread postby simakuutio » 14 Sep 2020 18:47
I haven't seen anything like that either and I'm also living in EU region.
Unread postby Karval » 15 Sep 2020 01:49
Dreamer wrote:Thanks for the info, it's really strange, if it's country related, perhaps just big countries have that popup ad?

Please let us know, if developer reply.

Here his answer :

"What appears in the lower right corner is an advertisement."

I guess that we can't avoid this. :(
I prefered when there was an ad only at the installation.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next

Login