Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Unread postby Karval » 23 Sep 2020 04:34
Once it appears, it's too late.
I've just removed the last version of Potplayer (with the ad, so), used Ccleaner to clean registry, and installed the 1.7.21212 version (with the ad during the installation). And... the square appeared too at the first launch of potplayer...

We are fucked. :x
Unread postby Dreamer » 24 Sep 2020 04:14
Try this version: 1.7.18958 64-bit.
Unread postby Karval » 25 Sep 2020 01:50
It seems to be OK.
I'll be sure tomorrow.

Thanks.
Unread postby UberAlles » 25 Sep 2020 22:24
Did someone find a way to fix this yet?
Unread postby MMK » 26 Sep 2020 00:21
@King Mustard

Actually, I have no problem paying a one-off fee to remove ads, just don't like them thrust upon us without warning.
Unread postby MMK » 26 Sep 2020 00:27
Karval wrote:Once it appears, it's too late.
I've just removed the last version of Potplayer (with the ad, so), used Ccleaner to clean registry, and installed the 1.7.21212 version (with the ad during the installation). And... the square appeared too at the first launch of potplayer...

We are fucked. :x

You'd be better using IObit Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller than using CCleaner to remove Reg entries. The uninstallers I mentioned both log every file that an installer installs and removes every trace when uninstalling, great for trial software. I Hate IObit with a passion as their apps like Advanced System Care and Driver Booster always give false information, but their uninstaller actually works soooo well and no false reports.

Anyway, just a thought, and it saves having to open CCleaner and scan and clean tons of reg entries.
Unread postby Karval » 26 Sep 2020 01:31
It seems that the problem was not a partial uninstall witch ccleaner.
Yesterday, I done exactly the same thing than tuesday. But this time, I have installed the version of Potplayer given by Dreamer.
And I confirm that there isn't the square with it.

So, UberAlles, for now, the only way is to use an old version.
The 1.7.18958 is OK.
Not the 1.7.21212.
Between them, I don't know.
Unread postby MMK » 02 Oct 2020 04:56
The image below shows what's triggering the popup, I completely disabled Internet Explorer from accessing the internet and not had a popup since.

Below that, you can see where internet Explorer is installed to (you can remove it completely, but as other browsers use IE's properties, I'd advise against completely removing IE 11) and below that, I blocked inbound and outbound internet access via my Firewall (Bitdefender Total Security v25/2021.)

Hope this helps.

Unread postby MMK » 02 Oct 2020 05:09
Whoever runs the forum, should make sure your image sizes are set correctly so they don't end up halfway across the page.
Unread postby mlmason75 » 07 Oct 2020 12:08
Here is my reply from the Potplayer developer :(

"That is our company's law..

PotPlayer's icon mean is no ads slot...

So someday...

Correct ads will display~~"

That was there reply after asking them what that popup box was for.

Anyway get ready for ads in potplayer :(

I even asked for a paid ad free version but no response to that.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next

Login