Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Unread postby King Mustard » 15 Sep 2020 04:15
Karval wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Thanks for the info, it's really strange, if it's country related, perhaps just big countries have that popup ad?

Please let us know, if developer reply.

Here his answer :

"What appears in the lower right corner is an advertisement."

I guess that we can't avoid this. :(
I prefered when there was an ad only at the installation.

We started with KMPlayer, then PotPlayer. We will move on again.
Unread postby Dreamer » 15 Sep 2020 05:19
Bad news. Thanks for the info. :(

Developer don't understand, that for users from US/EU such ads are unacceptable.

Still don't know, why some users have that ad and some don't.
Unread postby Karval » 16 Sep 2020 01:57
With the portable version of Potplayer, I haven't the ad.
This is a 32 bits version.

The versions I install are all in 64 bits.

For those who haven't this ad, do you use the 32 bits Potplayer ?
Unread postby Dreamer » 16 Sep 2020 05:48
So you have the ad with the 64-bit version and don't have the ad with 32-bit portable version? Which versions exactly and from which source? Portable version from portableapps.com? It could be interesting, if the same version / number would be adfree as a portable version.

My version is 200908 1.7.21291 64-bit, no AD, Windows 10 2004 64-bit, Defender, EU region.
Unread postby lastninja » 16 Sep 2020 12:18
In Australia it's just a box that says 'potplayer'. Doesn't do much but confuse me.
I think of it as a splash screen now. A useless one haha.
Unread postby Karval » 17 Sep 2020 01:24
Dreamer wrote:So you have the ad with the 64-bit version and don't have the ad with 32-bit portable version? Which versions exactly and from which source? Portable version from portableapps.com? It could be interesting, if the same version / number would be adfree as a portable version.

My version is 200908 1.7.21291 64-bit, no AD, Windows 10 2004 64-bit, Defender, EU region.

Ah, I think we have a clue.
The installed version is 1.7.21295.
The portable is 1.7.21293. But we have to forget what I've said yesterday. Today, the square is appeared too.

I will try to find the 1.7.21291.

Edit : FAIL.
Even with a 1.7.21281, I have the ad.
Unread postby MMK » 22 Sep 2020 00:28
I get this popup too, and I'm in the UK (as it was mentioned it may be country code related.)

It's probably for an add as Adguard blocks the logo and I get a white box (See below) but for a while I didn't know what was causing the popup as it was just a white box, it was by accident that Adguard did an update and was off and the box popped up with the PotPlayer logo.

I hope that PotPlayer doesn't go the same way that KMPlayer went and starts serving Ads, which would be bad and just ruin the player altogether.

With Adguard ON

With Adguard OFF

Unread postby King Mustard » 22 Sep 2020 04:39
MMK wrote:I get this popup too, and I'm in the UK (as it was mentioned it may be country code related.)

It's probably for an add as Adguard blocks the logo and I get a white box (See below) but for a while I didn't know what was causing the popup as it was just a white box, it was by accident that Adguard did an update and was off and the box popped up with the PotPlayer logo.

I hope that PotPlayer doesn't go the same way that KMPlayer went and starts serving Ads, which would be bad and just ruin the player altogether.

With Adguard ON

With Adguard OFF

I'd gladly for a one-off fiver for the software to remain ad-free.
Unread postby Karval » 23 Sep 2020 01:42
Maybe, if every one write to the dev how annoying is this ad, he will change it.
Unread postby Dreamer » 23 Sep 2020 04:01
You can dream everyone will do it, most users just change the player, or download the old version.

I think everyone should just start using old adfree version or other player and stop downloading the new versions, no downloads = no reason for ads, if they will not be displayed, there is no reason to use them for developer.

I think he still don't understand, that for non-Korean/non-Asian users such popup ads are unacceptable.

BTW Still I had no popup ads, I'll downgrade when first will appear, I have a backup copy of the last adfree version.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next

Login