First unread post4 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby darkwolflair » 17 Feb 2020 18:39
Hello,

A have on my PC several folders which contain more than 1000 video files (more often small files, like video clips, short movies,...).

When I try to open a file, PotPlayer scan to create a king of folder playlist, which could take a lot of time, scanning for all files and adding them in the list.

Sometimes, it does not work : the file is not playing until the scan is over.

I know that you can switch that setting : open only that file, or open all files from folder.

I prefer the second one when I'm listening to music, but for my video folders, it's not reactive.

So I'm wondering if there's an option to improve that behaviour. I know that other players like VLC do not have that issue.

Thanks in advance.

Darky
Unread postby jHAS » 22 Feb 2020 03:30
This is so annoying.

I disabled thumbnail creation and show duration because I thought these were the cause of this but no.
PotPlayer did NOT behave like this a few years ago.

This is particularly frustrating since I started moving my data storage to the cloud and this behavior can add MINUTES before the file you opened actually plays.
For example, it's unviable to use PotPplayer with rclone for mounting a remote storage and trying to play a big folder.

The only solution I have is to use another video player but I don't want to.

DAUM, please fix this!
Unread postby D2NP » 22 Feb 2020 22:51
Try to disable
Preferences... - Sybtitles - Load any subs in folder if none match
Always try the latest beta version (now x64 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby jHAS » 25 Feb 2020 03:34
darkwolflair wrote:Hello,

A have on my PC several folders which contain more than 1000 video files (more often small files, like video clips, short movies,...).

When I try to open a file, PotPlayer scan to create a king of folder playlist, which could take a lot of time, scanning for all files and adding them in the list.

Sometimes, it does not work : the file is not playing until the scan is over.

I know that you can switch that setting : open only that file, or open all files from folder.

I prefer the second one when I'm listening to music, but for my video folders, it's not reactive.

So I'm wondering if there's an option to improve that behaviour. I know that other players like VLC do not have that issue.

Thanks in advance.

Darky

I found a solution!

Nevermind! It does not work! Now PotPlayer crashes when loading a folder 1000+ videos. Garbage.
First unread post4 posts Page 1 of 1

Login