First unread post7 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby hamedagule » 23 Dec 2019 02:59
I sometimes gets error unhandled exception occurred error as I updated potplayer to 191211 I will send image of error .
https://ibb.co/MBRR3Lv
Unread postby D2NP » 23 Dec 2019 16:48
Report it to the dev:
https://potplayer.daum.net - "Contact Us"
Always try the latest beta version (now x64 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby mlmason75 » 12 Jan 2020 03:16
Thank god I was starting to think it was just me having these random error messages and crashing!

I have 4 Windows 10 computers and I get these random errors and crashing on all 4 of them!!!

I have been doing lots of testing to try and figure out when this issue started happening. And from what I can tell it started with builds after Version "1.7.20977" I do not get any errors or crashing with "1.7.20977" or any earlier builds 32bit or 64 bit in my testing so far.

This issue seems to have started with version "1.7.2.1097" and continues with latest Beta version "1.7.2.21102" 32 bit and 64 bit. I have two random issues which are those random error popup boxes and then potplayer closes on its own. And another issue I have is at random times poptplayer closes almost instantly with no error right after trying to open a video file.

I have talked to the developer though e mail this week a few times now about the issue and unfortunately he just keeps telling me that he does NOT have this issue on his computer.

I have tried everything to try and fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling to resetting the settings and that does not fix it. I keep installing the daily beta builds and I still get the errors and crashing with each new build.

As of now the only way to avoid these problems is to install the older version "1.7.20977" or any earlier version.

But the fact that the Potplayer developer is not seeing these issues is beyond crazy since you and I are seeing it. And at least for me it happens on all 4 of my computers.

Something definitely must have changed in the builds after "1.7.20977" to cause these issues because I have never ever had this problem with Potplayer before. It has always been very stable for me.

I really hope this will be fixed at some point because I don't like the idea of having to use older versions of Potplayer or software for that matter. And I can not see myself switching to another media player because in my opinion nothing compares to Potplayer!!!

So please if anyone of you guys are having these same issues please send the developer and e mail at the address below. Maybe the more users who report it the better chance of it getting fixed.

ahahlive@hanmail.net

P.S. For some reason the developers e mail address does not except some ISP's like Comcast for example so you may need to use gmail when contacting the developer.

Anyway I am just glad I am not alone with this annoying issue.
Unread postby V@no » 13 Jan 2020 01:47
mlmason75 wrote:I have two random issues which are those random error popup boxes and then potplayer closes on its own. And another issue I have is at random times poptplayer closes almost instantly with no error right after trying to open a video file.
Exactly the same issue here. Sometimes it crashes with error message, sometimes just closes without any warning.
Is there a debug log we could activate to track this issue?

PotPlayer 191211 32bit
Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 build 18363.535
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti w/driver 441.87
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Unread postby mlmason75 » 14 Jan 2020 06:45
Got another e mail from the developer and he just keeps telling me he does not see any of these issues on his computers.

So unfortunately if he he does not see the same issues as we are seeing first hand then it's highly unlikely this issue is going to be fixed anytime soon. What a bummer :(

I even asked him if I could send him an error log which I have no idea where it is even stored at anyway but he did not even answer me back about that for some reason.

I mean looking at our error logs could help him find out the cause of these issues. But it kind of seems he has no interest in doing so.

So not really sure what else we can do at this point other then to just keep using the latest stable build "1.7.20977" And maybe with luck at some point one of the newer builds will fix these issues by accident :) lol
Unread postby mlmason75 » 14 Jan 2020 23:47
I just installed the latest beta version 1.7.21103 64Bit and the very first time I opened a video file I get that error popup message and Potplayer must be closed. And then on like the 4th video played Potplayer just closed on it's own again without any popup error message! :(

This really sucks!!!
Unread postby mlmason75 » 22 Jan 2020 05:18
Not sure what changed but since installing the latest beta 64 bit version "1.7.21110.0" I am no longer seeing any of those error messages or any crashing at all :)

I hope it stays fixed!!!
First unread post7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login