First unread post6 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby Danny-G » 05 Jan 2019 09:18
When using Screen Capture in latest version v1.7.16291 using File Format: MKV (Recommended), V.Codec: H.264 - OpenH264 Encoder, Use HQ Compression [On] & A.Codec: MP3 - the saved files are corrupt. It seems to start and then stop and the file won't open, it is blank but has some data stored. It works properly if I change to V.Codec H.264 or H.264 - OpenCodecUnity64.dll(libX264)

This combination has always worked in previous v1.7.14804 and all earlier versions without any problem.
Unread postby D2NP » 06 Jan 2019 19:30
I tried Screen Capture with your settings, there is no problem, files play without problems

try latest beta - http://cafe.daum.net/pot-tool/AZMV/17931
and
try reset settings: Preferences - Reset

or explain more detail about the problem
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Danny-G » 07 Jan 2019 05:39
I did some experimentation based on the fact you had no issues.

I did clean installation of latest release version and Beta as you suggested and looked at my previous install preferences to see any differences.

The issue turned out to be the Bitrate setting I had in Video Settings for Screen Capture.

I have always had it set to 20,000kbps, but the default on a clean installation is 2,000kbps. I can replicate the problem in v1.7.16291 onwards, but previous versions worked with a Bitrate of 20,000kbps without issue.

For information, in the latest version, I am able to set it up to 17,000kbps and it works properly, but if set to 18,000kbps or higher, it stops working properly and presents the problem I had even though in earlier versions this has always worked for me.

I have now set it to 15,000kbps and it is good, but something changed in the newer versions of PotPlayer.

Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it.
Unread postby D2NP » 07 Jan 2019 17:38
Confirmed and reported to dev.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby D2NP » 11 Jan 2019 00:33
Unread postby Danny-G » 12 Jan 2019 10:08
Beta v1.7.16868 works as I previously used it at a Bitrate of 20,000kbps again. Thank you very much for following up too, I appreciate it :D
First unread post6 posts Page 1 of 1

Login