First unread post3 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby Yin Cognyto » 20 Jul 2018 22:13
This bug / behavior is probably related to the bug I reported here regarding button groups not centering in OSC until the PotPlayer window is resized, bug that has been quickly fixed in beta 1.7.13341, credits to the developer.

It appears that in the last beta I'm using, there is a similar behavior, but regarding a <Static> on the timebar, in the OSC Disabled mode.This results in the timebar not refreshing itself properly to show seek progress, until I resize (or trigger otherwise the refresh of) PotPlayer's window:
This happens with normal, centered, alpha enabled, fixed or auto sized, image using (or not) <Static>, etc - I've tried changing all these parameters and the behavior is the same. The only thing I didn't change are the parameters of the labels inside the <Static> (i.e. the alignment). If the labels are directly on the timebar (like the labels on the first visual line above), it works well, but as soon as they are included in a <Static> container, the visual refresh problem appears. The relevant skin code is this:
Code: Select all
   <!-- INFO BAR AREA -->
   <Static State='CMD_ON_MEDIA_PLAY' Top='-72' Height='32' ImageLeft='1' ImageTop='33' ImageWidth='15' ImageHeight='32' LeftMargin='3' RightMargin='3' VisParentMinWidth='319' VisParentMaxWidth='' >
      L: Timebar
      <Slider CmdID='CMD_TIMEBAR_CTRL' Height='32' ImageLeft='30' ImageTop='32' ImageWidth='48' ImageHeight='32' LeftMargin='3' RightMargin='3' AltImageLeft='78' AltImageTop='32' BackImageLeft='126' BackImageTop='32' ThumbImageLeft='174' ThumbImageTop='32' ThumbWidth='3' ThumbHeight='32' RepeatImageWidth='3' RepeatImageHeight='32' RepeatAImageLeft='186' RepeatAImageTop='32' RepeatBImageLeft='189' RepeatBImageTop='32' BookmarkImageLeft='192' BookmarkImageTop='32' SeamlessImageLeft='195' SeamlessImageTop='32' />
      Current Time
      <Label CmdID='CMD_CURRENTTIME_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' FontBold='0' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' VertAlignment='1' />
      Total Time
      <Label CmdID='CMD_TOTALTIME_MESSAGE' Left='-64' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' FontBold='0' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' VertAlignment='1' />
      Title With Message
      <Label CmdID='CMD_TITLE_WITH_MESSAGE' Left='66' Width='-66' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' FontBold='0' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' VertAlignment='1' />
      Play Info Group
      <Static Top='16' Height='16' AutoSize='1' ImageLeft='78' ImageTop='64' ImageWidth='48' ImageHeight='16' LeftMargin='3' RightMargin='3' HoriCenter='1' UsingAlpha='1' >
         File Type
         <Label Align='Left' CmdID='CMD_FILE_TYPE_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
         #if<SkinName==VideoSkin>
            Video Input Codec
            <Label Align='Left' CmdID='CMD_VIDEO_CODEC_FOURCC_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
            Video Output Color Space
            <Label Align='Left' CmdID='CMD_VIDEO_OUT_FOURCC_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
         #endif
         Audio Input Codec
         <Label Align='Left' CmdID='CMD_AUDIO_CODEC_TYPE_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
         #if<SkinName==AudioSkin>
            Audio Input Bitrate
            <Label Align='Left' Text='%s kbps' CmdID='CMD_AUDIO_BIT_RATE_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
            Audio Input Sample Rate
            <Label Align='Left' Text='%s Hz' CmdID='CMD_AUDIO_IN_SAMPLE_RATE_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
         #endif
         Audio Input Channels
         <Label Align='Left' Text='%s CH' CmdID='CMD_AUDIO_IN_NUM_CHANNEL_MESSAGE' Width='64' Height='16' FontName='#DEFAULT_UI_FONT' FontSize='12' TextColor='0xFFFFFF' UsingScroll='1' ScrollDistance='1' ScrollInterval='50' HoriAlignment='1' />
      </Static>
   </Static>
Now I know it isn't reasonable to refresh the timebar every 50 milliseconds to solve this, but maybe it can be fixed otherwise, so you can use <Static> elements on the timebar (since I can't center the label group otherwise). By the way, the reason I put the <Static> on the timebar (and not outside of it) is to make the timebar "taller" / thicker (for touch screens), while still containing the maximum amount of information on it.

P.S. If OSC is enabled, the timebar refreshes properly (probably as a result of the beta 1.7.13341 fix)...but I can't seek in the media if pressing the mouse on the <Static>, so it's a different problem...
Unread postby D2NP » 21 Jul 2018 00:01
"<Static> on the timebar, in the OSC Disabled mode.This results in the timebar not refreshing itself properly to show seek progress"
this is the expected behavior

<Static is a static element
so refreshing works when "until I resize (or trigger otherwise the refresh of) PotPlayer's window"

Some time ago I asked the developer about this. there will be no change

refreshing in OSC mode
this is either a feature of this mode or a bug

so.. do not use <Static over timebar
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Yin Cognyto » 21 Jul 2018 01:39
D2NP wrote:<Static is a static element, so refreshing works when "until I resize (or trigger otherwise the refresh of) PotPlayer's window". So.. do not use <Static over timebar
Oh, ok - that explains its name.

P.S. Nevermind, I figured it out - I had to break the labels group and position them individually within the timebar's <Static>, since their widths are fixed anyway. I don't know why I was stuck with grouping them - I guess I envisioned a scenario where the labels' widths were variable, but that was never the case. It now looks and works as expected. :D
First unread post3 posts Page 1 of 1

Login