7 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby michaellinder » 20 Jun 2018 16:28
If "Store bookmarks into .pbf files instead of Registry/INI" is selected as a preference, bookmarks are stored in the registry anyway — as BMItem keys and in a BMList at HKEY_USERS\My Name\Software\Daum\PotplayerMini64.

I accumulate a lot of bookmarks in many videos and because of this Registry-writing, Potplayer settings become slow to save as the list grows. My solution has been to trim the list using Bookmark Editor. I seem to remember that deleting bookmark entries in Bookmark Editor preserved their related .pbf files, allowing bookmarks to be recovered when their related video files are played once again. Now, deleting a video's listing in Bookmark Editor also deletes its .pbf file. I see them vanish in Windows Explorer when selecting either DELETE or CLEAR. They are also deleted in the Registry.

Is there a way to prevent Potplayer from destroying these .pbf files when trimming items from the Bookmarks Editor?

Thanks!
Postby michaellinder » 27 Aug 2018 11:10
Will no one answer this question?
Is there a way to prevent Potplayer from destroying .pbf files when removing them from the Bookmarks Editor?
I've been asking since June

I accumulate a lot of bookmarks in many videos. Potplayer settings become slow to save as the list grows. My solution has been to trim the list using Bookmark Editor.

Deleting bookmark entries in Bookmark Editor used to preserve their related .pbf files, allowing bookmarks to be recovered when their video files were played again. Now, deleting a video's listing in Bookmark Editor also deletes its .pbf file. I see them vanish in Windows Explorer when selecting either DELETE or CLEAR. They are also deleted in the Registry.

Selecting a video title and clicking DELETE in Bookmark Editor deletes the entire .pbf file, but I can no longer delete individual bookmarks in Bookmark Editor. Individual bookmarks can still be deleted in the "H" Chapter/Bookmark window.

The command to save bookmarks to a .pbf file rather than the registry doesn't work. They're written to the registry anyway. What's going on here?
Postby D2NP » 27 Aug 2018 17:48
The Dev answer:
" If use pbf...
PotPlayer only save bookmark's file name...
So I don't agree... That is slow... "
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
Postby Kerop » 28 Aug 2018 18:08
This English translation is too old and inaccurate now.
The way to store bookmarks was changed last year.
Bookmarks are now always registered inside PotPlayer (registry or ini file).

If showing menu is delayed with a lot of bookmarks, isn't it enough to disable "Show bookmark list" in the menu?

In some cases, bookmarks in PBF files are deleted with inside records synchronously.
But in other cases, they are not deleted or deleted after a delay.
Postby D2NP » 28 Aug 2018 19:02
So what's the problem?

If i use PBF,
bookmarks are automatically cleared from the registry ( BMItem_* )
and stored in a *.pbf files
Only the file names remain in the registry ( BMList ).

And
If the file names remain in the registry ( BMList )
and if you delete the bookmarks, then, accordingly, the bookmarks are deleted from the registry( BMItem_* ) or from the pbf file

so you manually need to edit the BMList in registry\ini
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
Postby Kerop » 28 Aug 2018 22:24
Only the file names remain in the registry ( BMList ).

I see.
When deleting individual bookmarks and all bookmarks are finally deleted from the file, the record of BMItem_* and BMList goes weird.
Postby Kerop » 29 Aug 2018 22:35
Kerop wrote:
This English translation is too old and inaccurate now.
The way to store bookmarks was changed last year.
Bookmarks are now always registered inside PotPlayer (registry or ini file).

Sorry, I didn't understand very well.
If using PBF, PotPlayer doesn't use BMItem_* in the registry.
But the file name is added to BMList and EMPTY BMItem_* key is created.

michaellinder wrote:
If "Store bookmarks into .pbf files instead of Registry/INI" is selected as a preference, bookmarks are stored in the registry anyway — as BMItem keys and in a BMList at HKEY_USERS\My Name\Software\Daum\PotplayerMini64.

I accumulate a lot of bookmarks in many videos and because of this Registry-writing, Potplayer settings become slow to save as the list grows. My solution has been to trim the list using Bookmark Editor. I seem to remember that deleting bookmark entries in Bookmark Editor preserved their related .pbf files, allowing bookmarks to be recovered when their related video files are played once again. Now, deleting a video's listing in Bookmark Editor also deletes its .pbf file. I see them vanish in Windows Explorer when selecting either DELETE or CLEAR. They are also deleted in the Registry.

Is there a way to prevent Potplayer from destroying these .pbf files when trimming items from the Bookmarks Editor?

Thanks!

If you delete individual bookmarks of a file by Bookmark Editor, PBF bookmarks are actually deleted when closing Bookmark Editor. (Or when closing the playing file if it's on playback with the bookmarks)
It may make some trouble to users when using Bookmark Editor long time through.

"Clear all bookmarks" in menu (or "Clear" in Bookmark Editor) doesn't delete bookmarks in PBF, I think.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login