11 posts Page 1 of 2
Postby Dreamer » 29 Nov 2017 08:40
- set playback timeshift option to 1 min.
- open ant IPTV rtp://@ channel
- wait 10-50 seconds
- press backspace to go to starting point
= it works good
- press shift+backspace to go to end point / 30 sec. before ending
= works good
- wait at least 1 min. and few seconds
- press backspace to go to starting point
= position is changed to middle point instead

When I set timeshift to 2 minutes, I have to wait 2 minutes, if I wait less, starting point hotkey works good, if I wait more, position is changed to middle point, always.

Tested with the lastest silent updates of the 32 and 64 bit versions 1.7.5545, Windows 10 64-bit, also with default settings.

I can't reproduce it with standard youtube / http: live streams.
Postby 감자사랑 » 02 Dec 2017 10:43
The reason is that when you move to the starting point, if you go to the location where the data is being erased, you are moving to the middle of the buffer as there will be no place to play currently, according to the dev.
Simply speaking, you should not do the action as long as possible.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to solve the issue, especially on such streams.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.

Thread Subscription and E-mail Notification won't work at all.
Postby Dreamer » 04 Dec 2017 08:27
OK. I have few ideas...

When using Time jump options, "jump to keyframe" option is available, is it used also for start/end point? Perhaps it might help.

Another one, go to start point could actually go to start point + 1 second (perhaps for streams only, or add another item "Starting point +1 second").
Postby 감자사랑 » 04 Dec 2017 10:05
No relation to keyframes and no keyframes on such streams.

go to start point could actually go to start point + 1 second

Any reason for that?
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.

Postby Dreamer » 05 Dec 2017 09:47
PP is able to detect the middle point perfectly, but it has problems with the start point. Perhaps +1 sec. is not enough, I just tested with left arrow key, if the timeshift is set to 1 min., I am able to go to -55 seconds, if I press LEFT again, -59 sec. is shown, but it's move to middle point again.

I tried also using mouse, I can rewind to -58 sec., sometimes also to -59 sec., but usually when I click and 59 sec is shown, it's moved to middle position.

Therefore I think, something like "go to starting point +X sec." might work, I'm not sure if 1, 2 or more seconds are needed, but it should work.

Or perhaps "go to 1%", it would be useful also for movies, to skip intros and so on...
Postby Dreamer » 09 Dec 2017 23:04
OK, I tried to test it and now I'm sure the solution I requested would work.

When I use a hotkey to go to "starting point" and then quickly use hotkey to go "5 sec. forward" (left arrow), position is the starting point +5 sec., it works every time!

I already created macro in HotkeyP tool, so it works already for me, but it would be nice to fix it also in PP and perhaps use go to starting point/+1sec., I think it would work too, if not +2 sec. could be used.
Postby 감자사랑 » 09 Dec 2017 23:21
PP is able to detect the middle point perfectly,

Hmm, I don't think so. It is purely accidental as it's impossible to know the exact amount of the parts being deleted.

There will be no change based on assumptions.

Postby Dreamer » 11 Dec 2017 01:26
감자사랑 wrote:
PP is able to detect the middle point perfectly,

Hmm, I don't think so. It is purely accidental as it's impossible to know the exact amount of the parts being deleted.

I meant the middle point of available time (within the timeshift).

감자사랑 wrote:There will be no change based on assumptions.

Hm.. May I ask why? Is it too hard to change? If so, no problem, of course, but since PP is able to detect the middle point, and even the starting point, it should be possible to detect starting point + 1 second too, so please consider this change.

If the starting point hotkey is used, actually the position IS changed to starting point correctly, but it's almost immediately changed to middle point.

As I said, I found a workaround, using the external tool it works good enough for me, but why not change it also for other users, if it's possible (and not too hard to change)?

go to start point could actually go to start point + 1 second

Any reason for that?

OK, I have a confirmation that it works, for sure! When I use "jump to time/frame" and type "00:00:01.000", which is actually starting point + 1 second, it works perfect, every time.

I've been testing different values, between 00:00:00.001 - 00:00:00.300 it doesn't work good, with 0.4 and 0.5 sec. it works better, almost every time, but it still jumps to the middle point occasionally. 00:00:01.000 looks like a good value, so it could be used (if it will be changed).
Postby 감자사랑 » 11 Dec 2017 13:31
Ok, I'll discuss it with a developer if it is possible or not.

Postby Dreamer » 12 Dec 2017 04:23
Thank you.
11 posts Page 1 of 2

Login