5 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Dreamer » 27 Nov 2017 02:43
I suggest 2 renderless modes:

- Renderless mode - no video

It would be useful if you want just listen to music on TV/IPTV channel and you want also less CPU usage.

- Renderless mode - no video, no audio

It would be useful when recording a channel (digital tv), if you want to do something else and watch later, and you want less CPU usage while recording.

Additionally, while using these modes, also some other options could be disabled automatically:
- always on top (if any option was enabled before)
- timeshift (both, for digital tv and playback/iptv)
- pause if minimized (if any option was enabled before, pause is unwanted/not needed in renderless mode)
Postby V@no » 27 Nov 2017 06:10
I don't know exactly what "renderless" mean in this instance, but perhaps a different skin for different modes is what you need?
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby Dreamer » 28 Nov 2017 10:10
V@no - no, different skin can't be used.

What I mean is to skip rendering of video / video+audio, for example, in digital TV just tune the frequency (and record the stream), but do not render/display video/audio, or do not render video only.
Postby 감자사랑 » 02 Dec 2017 13:46
I suggest 2 renderless modes:

- Renderless mode - no video

It would be useful if you want just listen to music on TV/IPTV channel and you want also less CPU usage.

I'm not sure how it'll work but you can try "Null video renderer". If you select this one (it is possible to select on the fly from right click menu too), the video will not be displayed.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.

Thread Subscription and E-mail Notification won't work at all.
Postby Dreamer » 04 Dec 2017 09:08
Thanks, I'd have to use 2 hotkeys, but it could be a good workaround.

"Null video renderer (Compressed)" works, but only with video files, it doesn't work with digital TV and IPTV - video is always enabled in these cases.

OK, so after more testing, it doesn't work with any video files, I tried also to disable, enable GPU, weird, I will be testing later, but it's exactly what I'm looking for.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Login