2 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby sfools » 25 Nov 2017 12:37
When I capture TV programs (I use separate software for TV capture) I often like to watch them back as they are still recording with a bit of delay so I can skip through ads etc. This works fine in Potplayer if the TS capture file is on a local hard drive as Potplayer detects the file is growing and updates the duration in real time.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to load a TS file from a networked hard drive, Potplayer is only able to read the initial length and won't update the duration of the file or continue to stream unless I manually stop and start playback again.

Is there any solution for this?

thanks!
Postby 감자사랑 » 02 Dec 2017 10:30
Unfortunately, nope.

The dev. already knew the problem and did it on purpose to avoid the other problem.

From the dev,
"That's what I did on purpose.
It seems like Windows bug when playing on Windows network ...
Well ...
If you call the function to get the length of the file on local networks, the network cache of Windows will be broken and use a lot of bandwidth (that is, the part that has already been received again).
Therefore, the limitation of not refreshing the info on the fly is to try to solve the related problem.
I think there is no other way to solve the problem at the moments."
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.

Thread Subscription and E-mail Notification won't work at all.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Login