9 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby V@no » 23 Nov 2017 11:30
Hello.

I'd like to request a few new features for OSD Messages settings:
  1. ability manually customize the "Time method" with tags like at the "Time format" field (this way we won't be limited to 2 items). In fact if we could customize everything via tags, instead of checkboxes, it would allow us change order and position of the information.

2. ability display at what time the video will end (aka display current computer time and based on remaining time of the video calculate and display what time it will end, i.e. for 1h19 video it would be something like this: 21:26:41/22:45:03)

Thank you.
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby 감자사랑 » 23 Nov 2017 13:27
ability display at what time the video will end (aka display current computer time and based on remaining time of the video calculate and display what time it will end, i.e. for 1h19 video it would be something like this: 21:26:41/22:45:03)

Hmm, I think there should be an option for that.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.

Thread Subscription and E-mail Notification won't work at all.
Postby christmwpot » 24 Nov 2017 04:45
Me too
Postby Dreamer » 25 Nov 2017 09:47
V@no

1) I agree.

2) Already possible in Preferences > general > OSD messages > Time method > "Remaining time/End time", anyway, we have to click hotkey twice, to show and to hide.

I miss the option with a single hotkey / auto-hide (but not in 2 seconds), perhaps also show if cursor is moved in fullscreen, or when video is paused, when seeking... with the following options (as options or tags):

[ ] file name / playlist item / channel name
[ ] audio stream/language name
[ ] subtitles stream/language name
[ ] elapsed time
[ ] total time
[ ] remaining time
[ ] end time
[ ] actual (real time)
[ ] position in %

Some of these are available for "scrol lock" info, some for "shift+tab", some only for "tab", so it's all available, but not really "handy".

I'd like to just move a mouse a bit to show all info I need, but I have to move with mouse to bottom edge of the screen and even there just some info is available, for example "end time" is missing and in built-in skin even "remaining time" is missing. I have to use a keyboard, click once to show info with remaining/end time and then click it again to hide.

BTW "Show subtitle name" seems to not working, I'm using LAV filter for MKV, so is it normal? It works with external subtitles.
Postby V@no » 26 Nov 2017 09:29
Dreamer wrote:2) Already possible in Preferences > general > OSD messages > Time method > "Remaining time/End time"

Unfortunately we can't have elapsed/total time and end time at the same time, which loops us back to request 1)
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby 감자사랑 » 02 Dec 2017 13:52
I like the whole concept and ideas but the dev. doesn't like these kinds of things. He does not really like digging user interfaces. :cry: He is much more specialized for analyzing and writing core codes in my thought.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.

Postby Dreamer » 04 Dec 2017 08:52
감자사랑 wrote:the dev. doesn't like these kinds of things. He does not really like digging user interfaces. :cry:

Hm.. I think there is a way, as V@no wrote, existing field for tags could be used ("Time format"), similar to LAV filter for subtitles, in a single field we can fully customize loading of subtitles and it works just perfect.

Developer could just add some items to "Time format:" field drop down menu as items, for example:

%name - file name / playlist item / channel name
%audio - audio stream/language name
%subtitles - subtitles stream/language name
%elapsed - elapsed time
%total - total time
%remaining - remaining time
%end - end time
%time - actual (real time)
%position - position in %
%resolution - actual video resolution
%bitratevideo
%bitrateaudio
%cpu - CPU usage
%gpu - GPU usage
%vram - VRAM used
%power - power status
%battery - battery charge rate

%r - new row

He don't have to add or change any part of GUI. ;) Typing a custom text in that field already works! Of course, not all those items are necessary, time options are most important.
Postby 감자사랑 » 04 Dec 2017 10:07
Unfortunately, I don't think it'll work. :p

What I'd like to change is shift-tab message with your ideas here.
If moving mouse cursor to left edge of a screen invokes shift-tab message in full screen, it would be useful in my thought.

Postby Dreamer » 05 Dec 2017 09:51
감자사랑 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think it'll work. :p

Why? I think all these options are somehow integrated in the program, since they are working in 3 different info OSD options, time is working, custom text is working, why not few other items? I think it's the easiest way.

EDIT:

I'm testing it and I found few options which are working already, while they are NOT listed in menu.

%A is the actual day
%a is the actual day 3-letters
%B is actual month
%b is actual month 3-letters
%j is 339 ??

감자사랑 wrote:If moving mouse cursor to left edge of a screen invokes shift-tab message in full screen, it would be useful in my thought.

Perhaps it would be possible somehow with the skin?

BTW, just a minor hint, I'm using custom hotkeys for 3 info messages, U, I, O - at least I don't need to use whole keyboard and I can show any info easily.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Login