8 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Dreamer » 17 Nov 2017 21:24
- in preferences > playback > advanced > "[v] enable timeshift" > time [1] min.
- open any IPTV stream, e.g. rtp://@ ...
- wait 2 minutes
- go to start position
= 2 minutes are used instead of 1 min.

- set the timeshift option to 10 min.
- wait 30, 60, or more minutes
- go to start position
= 30, 60, or more minutes are used instead of 10 min.

I had the problems with freezing and crash, since PP ignores the time limit and the only limit is RAM, I had over 100 minutes timeshift. I can't confirm this with standard youtube live streams (https:), only with rtp: IPTV streams.

If you need the IPTV rtp: stream, I'll try to find some, but I tried once and it won't be easy.

Similar issue which was fixed (with standard youtube live streams):
[Bug] Timeshift feature blows up RAM usage until crash

I can confirm this with PP 1.7.5545 64-bit and previous 64-bit version, Windows 10 64-bit.

Postby 감자사랑 » 18 Nov 2017 09:13
The dev. want to see the problematic URL. Hurry up as the unoffical patches for official version will be ended soon.

The dev. looked into the codes and said.
"If the time of the stream is abnormal, it can exceed the limit you specified in preferences.
Nevertheless, it will still not able to exceed overall capacity limits for x64 version. (The physical ram size available in your system is not the total size which applications can use because of the swap feature from OS. The limitation of x32 version is coming directly from its own fundamental reason. For example, 8K DXVA of x32 version is not possible for that reason. Note that DXVA occurs in GPU blocks so this is not the same case here. This part is my explanation, not the dev's.)

In that reason, the crash sounds like a different problem.
If you can give me a testable address, I will check it more."
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.

Thread Subscription and E-mail Notification won't work at all.
Postby Dreamer » 19 Nov 2017 08:00
I think it's not exceed the RAM capacity, but it's freezing, sometimes crash and I had also Windows dialog that RAM is low or so.

I'd like to give you the link, but it's only for operator's customers, not even for users in my country, I'm sure it would be useless. I'll try to find some link, I have this problem with any IPTV channel, starting with rtp://@ ...

Hurry up as the unoffical patches for official version will be ended soon.

Could you explain this please? I hope PotPlayer will stay freeware and ads-free.
Postby 감자사랑 » 20 Nov 2017 18:04
There was always multiple silent patches for official releases. Nothing more.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.

Postby Dreamer » 21 Nov 2017 07:31
Thanks.

I couldn't find any rtp: stream yet, but perhaps it would not work in Korea either, so perhaps you could try to find some, just with google - I can't search on Korean sites.

Currently I found just a workaround, 64-bit version with timeshift enabled and 32-bit version with timeshift disabled, and re-click the channel to restart timeshift.
Postby Dreamer » 29 Nov 2017 07:53
I have downloaded the last 64 and 32 bit versions again and here are the results:

- in 64-bit version the bug has been fixed (tested just 10 minutes yet)

- in 32-bit version, the bug has been fixed, but there's a limit 6 minutes, so if I set 10 min., only the last 6 minutes are in timeshift, it's not a big issue, but I think it's not needed, with my HD channels 10 minutes are 500-900MB

Anyway, original bug has been fixed, timeshift option for IPTV is NOT ignored anymore, no more freezing, no more crashes! Very important bug fix, thank you very much! :)
Postby 감자사랑 » 02 Dec 2017 10:36
Message from the dev.
Currently, there are capacity limits and time limits.
It seems that the 6 minutes probably reached at capacity limits.
32 bit is 400M ..
64-bit only has about 1.6G.
In other words, it seems that this restriction is due to capacity limits over 400M in 6 minutes when you play a video.

Postby Dreamer » 04 Dec 2017 08:23
Thanks. Anyway, I think those limits are too "strong" and not needed, especially for 64-bit version, since HD is a standard, 4K is more popular and users have often 16GB, 32GB RAM, or even more, why limit those users with just 1.6GB? I think 6 minutes for timeshift is not enough - moreover, most users don't know about these limits.

Of course, I respect the developer, but perhaps I'll start a new request later. I'm considering the original bug fixed, closing this topic, thanks again.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Login