8 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby chainik_svp » 10 Sep 2017 04:09
So, after the MVC decoder we have a frame-interleaved video stream (i.e. left view - right view - left - right -...).

Consider the following Avisynth script:
Code: Select all
input = potplayer_source()
left = input.selectEven()
right = input.selectOdd()
interleave(left,right,left,right)

Expected behavior: 3D with doubled frame rate.
But instead we have frames flickering in each view.
This applies for both built-in Avisynth filter and ffdshow raw filter.
Postby 감자사랑 » 12 Sep 2017 17:14
MVC decoding produces left and right frames alternately.
The decoded left and right frames will be mixed when they are processed with doubled frame rate.
Mixed frames cannot be used for 3d output, according to the dev.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Postby chainik_svp » 20 Sep 2017 04:01
The decoded left and right frames will be mixed when they are processed with doubled frame rate.

Nope. Please take a closer look at the sample script - it doesn't mix anything, but just repeats each frame one more time. So instead of original sequence
[frame1_left], [frame1_right], [frame2_left], [frame2_right], ... (at 24*2 fps)
it produces
[frame1_left], [frame1_right], [frame1_left], [frame1_right], [frame2_left], [frame2_right], ... (at 24*2*2 fps)

But it still completely breaks the 3D output.
Postby 감자사랑 » 20 Sep 2017 07:06
Hmm, I do not know well the technical details but it seems not easy for the 3d renderer of Potplayer to distinguish the processed left/right output from svp or fluid motion etc. I'll ask it later one more time.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Postby chainik_svp » 21 Sep 2017 03:53
It seems like in 3D mode the renderer doesn't expect the frame rate change at all and continue to act like nothing was changed, picking incorrect frames from the doubled (24*2*2 = 96) stream.
Postby chainik_svp » 18 Oct 2017 21:01
Any updates? :(
Postby 감자사랑 » 20 Oct 2017 17:25
There will be new options for 3d mvc. Hope it can solve the issue.
Postby chainik_svp » 20 Oct 2017 21:45
Good news! ;)

In the meantime, latest builds of MPC-BE support decoding BD3D/MVC directly into full over-under stereo pair (1920*2160 @24 video stream), which is kind of ideal for SVP.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Login