First unread post3 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby bfdl » 19 Feb 2015 05:20
First: Thank you for creating what I believe to be the best multimedia player in existence. It is incredible.

Second: Has anyone produced a user's manual? Is it available in English? There are so many options, menus and sub menus that I think I (and probably lots of others, too) haven't a clue as to what this program can really accomplish. Comprehensive documentation would fix that. I would be happy to help, but I am linguistically limited. I am fluent in my native American English, and know enough Spanish to order beer and ask where the bathroom is. Still, I would offer to help write an English manual just so I could have one.

Third: Is there a version available for linux? Or has anyone been able to get it working with an abstraction layer? I've tried Wine, Play on Linux, and Crossover, all with the same result. The player and it's controls appear on screen just as they should, but as soon as I try to play a file, everything disappears. I am playing around with using a virtual machine setup, but this is a method that almost guarantees a reduction in performance. This defeats the purpose. Not much good having the greatest player available if you can only run it in a way that cuts the quality in half. Of course, these are "first world" problems; mere annoyances in the grand scheme of things. But if anyone has had success getting it to work on linux, I'm all ears.
Unread postby FurqanHanif » 20 Feb 2015 04:09
Potplayer is Too Much Similar to KMplayer (Just Potplayer don't install adware or other stupid stuff and it don't show ads too). so find the mannual of Kmplayer (http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=61321) and Read it and then try Potplayer different settings.
No, their is no Linux version available yet (Linux is not much Popular , maybe that's one of the reason), Their are other many popular media players available for Linux Like VLC , Smplayer , Mplayer etccc ... :D
Unread postby 감자사랑 » 26 Feb 2015 22:14
Unfortunately, there is no manual even for Korean. :o

Potplayer is a directshow based media player which means it's impossible to make it available in other platform.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.

Thread Subscription and E-mail Notification won't work at all.
Official Downloads
First unread post3 posts Page 1 of 1

Login