Unread postby bugme » 12 Sep 2019 04:10
Hi. I did the accumulative windows 10 update for this month.

And after update, now potplayer launch and dissappear after a second.

You can launch potplayer alone and will stay open but as soon as you open a mkv or mp4 file, it will disappear.

If you double click on a mkv file associated to potplayer, potplayer will launch and dissappear after a second.

Using windows 1903 x64 and potplayer x64 here. Everything worked fine until latest accumulative update. Reinstalled potplayer with no luck, same problem.
Unread postby theinvoker » 12 Sep 2019 14:58
+1
Unread postby Karval » 13 Sep 2019 01:42
Have you updated the drivers ?
Do you use filters with PotPlayer ?
Unread postby bugme » 13 Sep 2019 03:28
Karval wrote:-1
Have you updated the drivers ?
Do you use filters with PotPlayer ?

Hi. Not using any filter. Probably some audio passthrough, not sure.

Didn't changed any driver, most are up to date. I watched a movie with potplayer, turned off the computer. Turn it on the next day, windows asked for update. Restarted, now potplayer closes itself when playing videos, even with the same movie I watched before the windows update. Yesterday tried with mp3 and worked. Video is a no go.

Uninstalled potplayer, installed again, same problem.
Unread postby Karval » 13 Sep 2019 03:50
Have you tried to reset the preferences ? Maybe an uninstall is not enough to have PotPlayer totally cleaned.

Your graphics card is an AMD or Nvidia ?
Unread postby bugme » 13 Sep 2019 03:57
Karval wrote:Have you tried to reset the preferences ? Maybe an uninstall is not enough to have PotPlayer totally cleaned.

Your graphics card is an AMD or Nvidia ?

Hi. im using amd gpu.

Will have yo try to reset setting. But i barely change potplayer settings.
Unread postby Karval » 13 Sep 2019 04:38
Nvidia for me.
Unread postby bugme » 13 Sep 2019 08:18
Tried on intel gpu on another pc and seems to works fine with the latest windows 10 accumulative update.

Maybe an amd problem with latest windows update and potplayer?

Will try to reset settings and report back.
Unread postby Chris204 » 13 Sep 2019 19:20
I've got a similar problem after Windows 10 installed an update yesterday. Potplayer doesn't just close on me but gives me this error message:

---------------------------
Alert
Unhandled exception occurred[0xC0000005@0x00007FFBA1C0C416] at d3d9.dll

Additional exception information has been stored locally

and this application will be terminated.
OK

I've looked at C:\Windows\System32\d3d9.dll and it is indeed a newer version (10.0.18362.329) than in a backup from a week ago.

I've tried resetting the Potplayer settings, reinstalling potplayer (deleting what's left in the folder after uninstalling), updating graphics driver.
I'm using windows 10 x64, 18362.356 and an Nvidia GTX1070.
Unread postby Karval » 14 Sep 2019 01:43
So, in Filter Control / Video Decoder / Built-in Video Codec/DXVA Settings, at the bottom right, if you choose "D3D11" at the DXVA2 Copy-Back parameter, does it change something ?

Login