7 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Xenos » 10 Apr 2018 09:09
Thank you for implementing the option to stop after playback of a file is finished.

My understanding is that the only way to achieve that is to select "Stay in current file when playback ends" (Misc --> When Playback Finished --> ).
However, it seems that what this option does, is to pause on the last frame of the file, instead of actually stopping.

Could you posssibly improve this option (or add a new one) to function the same way as it would if the user pressed the stop button? Meaning that the playback would stop and the logo of the player would appear (the logo set in "while playback is off"), instead of the last frame of the video. And by hiting play again, the video (or any file) would start playback from the beginning (as it already does now).

As I noticed, the player actually stops and displays the logo only for the last file in the playlist. For files in any other position, it just pauses on the last frame.

I'd like to use potplayer for my classes and presentations, but this seems to be a little distructing to the audience.

Thank you very much in advance,

Xenos
Postby DVB Support » 11 Apr 2018 00:08
The option will remain as it is, according to the author, so don't write again and again the same things.

However, it seems that what this option does, is to pause on the last frame of the file, instead of actually stopping.

Incorrect, it pauses playback at zero frame of the current file.(before frame #1) (Press G key to see it)
Postby Xenos » 11 Apr 2018 05:03
The option will remain as it is, according to the author, so don't write again and again the same things.

Since it is not possible for me to know what the author wants, I'm assuming that when something it's not working properly, pointing it out is actually helping the author to improve it.

Incorrect, it pauses playback at zero frame of the current file.(before frame #1) (Press G key to see it)

No, what I wrote is very correct, I can see it with my own eyes, I don't need to press G key to tell me what frame it is because it is right there in front of me. I tried several videos and it always pauses on their last frame.
When I hit play it starts from frame 1, I don't know why it shows 0 frame when I press G key, but it is definately wrong.
If you try it, you will see it too.

As I wrote in my previous post, the only case it works properly is for the last file in the playlist. Then, after it finishes playing the last file, it displays the logo.
But if it is working for just one file, it is not much of a use.
Postby DVB Support » 11 Apr 2018 20:02
It works just as I wrote it, sometimes the eyes can mislead :) so it's a bug in EVR Renderer, try to enable Direct3D 9/11 Video Renderer!
Postby Xenos » 15 Apr 2018 03:03
I had to edit this last post, sorry:

I had Video Renderer on Auto select (default setting) and it paused on the last frame instead of stopping.
I tried all renderers and it seems to work as you described for all of them, except EVR. So, auto selection probably uses that one (what were the chances of that?).
However, "Stay in current file" might seem like stopping for audio files (where there is no picture), but for video files it is still no good, as it just goes to the first frame and pauses there. So now, instead of the last, I can see the first frame of the finished video file, which means unless the videos have black in the beginning and in the end, I'll still have an unwanted image showing.
Still no good, still not the simple stop option that we were all longing for.

As I see now (but certainly don't understand why), there is no intention of implementing a real stop function so, I won't ask again. I'll just go back to the trick with the picture between the files in the playlist.
Postby DVB Support » 15 Apr 2018 10:37
Apply the method in this video to do what you want, https://www.dropbox.com/s/zml79bz65fdc6 ... y.mkv?dl=1

This is the alternative method, https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdwktneb8mldx ... k.mkv?dl=1
Postby Xenos » 16 Apr 2018 23:07
Thank you,

the first method with the text is brilliant and it works fine.
I couldn't make the second one work for me (I already had the required options checked, maybe it needs some other settings too that are not shown in the video).
But it doesn't matter, because now I have two methods as alternatives to the "stop" function (one with the photos and one with the text between the files).
Thanks again.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login