First unread post9 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby rainbow » 05 Jan 2019 04:02
I love this feature - grab a bunch of mp3s, drop them in the upper part of the window to add to playlist, lower part to play now - my question is: There's this time delay until these two options are shown. Is it possible to avoid this delay? I'm not quite sure though if potplayer is responsible for the delay (or is it windows?)
Unread postby D2NP » 06 Jan 2019 19:22
There is no delay - https://imgur.com/kNkfvNP

try latest beta - http://cafe.daum.net/pot-tool/AZMV/17931
and
try reset settings: Preferences - Reset

or explain more detail about the problem.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 07 Jan 2019 05:49
I have no delay either.
Unread postby rainbow » 08 Feb 2019 04:23
OK I did install the latest beta as suggested, still the same though.

Will try to explain in more detail:
I select a bunch of media files in windows explorer, using the mouse. Then, holding down the left mouse button, I grab the selected files and drag them over to potplayer - then, I have to hover over potplayer for a good ten seconds before I can drop the files (before the two different options are shown onscreen, that is.) I actually can drop the files right away, and potplayer does recognize where I dropped then (play now vs play later), but if I do this, the whole interface freezes for the same amount of time, ~ ten seconds.

Its entirely possible that windows is the culprit here, though, and my computer isn't really top notch anymore, either (i7-4720HQ@2.6GHz, acer aspire nitro). So if this behaviour is not potplayers fault, maybe do you have any suggestions for apps / tools to clean up my system in general? Or maybe even a bit more specific, any idea what windows stuff might be slowing down potplayer in this way?
Unread postby D2NP » 09 Feb 2019 03:17
Ok. I can reproduce. I sent a report.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby D2NP » 13 Feb 2019 17:48
That is windows problem.
Unread postby rainbow » 10 Mar 2019 04:05
Meh yeah I was kind of hoping it wasn't a windows problem (So that it would be solvable with a simple tickbox or something within potplayer...)Unfortunately this delay is really annoying, I timed it again, its about ten seconds long. Makes this 'drag and drop' feature kind of unusable, which sucks :(

Does anyone have any idea maybe how to shorten the time it takes windows to gather the files in a list object (or whatever it does)? Short of reinstalling windows I mean, maybe some registry settings I can tweak?

I know it's kind of a long shot asking you potplayer guys this, I guess I'm hoping someone here is an old windows buff who can shoot an answer like this from the hip :)
Unread postby Dreamer » 10 Mar 2019 04:45
Perhaps defragment HDD, buy SSD...

Or use a workaround, right click the items and click "open", or "add to potplayer playlist".

If you are adding the files from same folder, you can create a new playlist with the option "local file navigator", using this (smart) playlist there will be always actual files, if you add new files to that folder, it will be updated in potplayer if you start it.

It would be good to know what exactly you need, how often are you doing that action, then it would be easier to help.
Unread postby rainbow » 25 Mar 2019 21:44
So, I reinstalled windows, and the delay is gone. Very happy camper. :)
First unread post9 posts Page 1 of 1

Login