First unread post5 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby hofpad » 04 Oct 2018 02:39
Hi

I wonder where I can set a checkbox to disable the automatic start of a movie/audio?

As soon as I choose a movie from the playlist - OR - when I start a movie with a doubleclick on the file itself (and PP is loaded because it is the default-player for this kind of file) the playback starts immediately.

For presentation purpose, I need a player who doesn't start with the playback automatically.
Why?
Because I prepare the video with "blanked/black" beamer to bring it to the specified bookmark, to fullscreen etc...
But with automatic playback, the Sound of the movie is already starting and the audience can hear it (until I hit Space to stop it).

Is it possible yet to avoid the automatic playback or would this be a new feature?

Thanks!
Unread postby D2NP » 04 Oct 2018 22:29
I think this is not possible

Just start player
and then open files from explorer
or from playlist

or use context menu to add files to playlist
and then start playback
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 05 Oct 2018 04:35
D2NP wrote:Just start player
and then open files from explorer

Probably you mean PP explorer, right?

Another workaround is to start PP and drag & drop item(s) from Windows Explorer, or from file manager to PP playlist, then do what you need and then just hit Space to play.

BTW you can change some setting, e.g. to start playback in fullscreen, disable OSD, auto-play on second monitor and so...
Unread postby D2NP » 05 Oct 2018 05:49
Windows Explorer

I mean
firs open the player
and then open the files (start playback)
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 05 Oct 2018 07:24
I don't understand, something is missing, as I said, this should work:

- open PP
- open windows explorer
- drag&drop item from explorer to PP PLAYLIST
- start playback

This works, but your way is just "open" feature in PP, not windows explorer itself.
First unread post5 posts Page 1 of 1

Login