First unread post4 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby Dreamer » 27 Aug 2018 01:57
I'm using 2 HDDs, C: and D: - I have all programs, incl. PP on C:, also the video and audio files are on C: - so D: disk is changed to sleep mode.

PP sometime wakes up the D: disk (at start), so the start of PP is slower and D: disk is working even if it's not needed.

I searched the PotPlayerMini.ini file for "d:\" and also all other files in PP install folder, but it was not found, so I can't remove it.

Why PP wakes up sleeping disks? Could you change this behavior, please?

Thanks.
Unread postby D2NP » 04 Sep 2018 19:26
The developer advised to reset the settings.

I think, if resetting the settings does not help, then the problem is in the system.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 05 Sep 2018 07:55
What you mean by "system" - OS - Windows, or in external programs used in PP, like ffdshow, lav?

In PotScreenSaver.scr file I found this path:

"D:\MyProject\StreetPlayer\ExtraProgram\ScreenSaver\Release\PotScreenSaver.pdb"

What is it? I don't have such folders on disk D: - can I delete that file?

I'll try to test with default settings later, it's not so easy to test...

All in all - PP is not searching / scanning local disks, other than system disk / disk where PP is installed?
Unread postby Dreamer » 14 Oct 2018 19:13
OK, it just happened when I opened lint to rtp://@ item in playlist, but I found, that preset changed automatically by "file name" condition - I remember other preset related bugs, perhaps this one is causing just preset change.

I will be testing it more, for now I couldn't find any path with D: disk in the ini file - and I remember now, that it happened just when changing profile.

I'll try to reproduce it with default settings, creating 2 profiles.
First unread post4 posts Page 1 of 1

Login