7 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Gibletoid » 16 Mar 2018 06:50
When I start a season of a show where all the episodes are in the same folder, it only remembers the name of the file i started with in the recently played list.

So if I start on Ep1 and skip through by right clicking to the next episode, Potplayer only shows the first episode in the recent files list. When I get to the episode I did finish on, it does remember the position.

Is there a setting to change this behaviour? I want the recently played list to show the last episode I watched and remember the position despite the fact I got there by using the “next” button with a right click.

This is my only issue with what is a perfect video player. Simply amazing.
Postby DVB Support » 16 Mar 2018 10:49
1-) Enable the options "Remember video/audio playback positions" under F5 > Playback
2-) Enable the option "Place browsers into inactive chat area" under F5 > General
3-) Now the recent played files are always sorted from top to bottom under Browser tab (which is next to the playlist) > Navigate > File Navigator > Recent item list
4-) Play Next/Prev file commands will not work inside Navigation function, it just loads the similar files in play folder automatically into default playlist.(you need to enable the option "Load previous/next files in play folder" under F5 > Playback to be loaded all files in play folder) To refresh the list, you have to go back by click the left arrow and then enter it again.So when you click the first item there, always the last file that you played will continue where it left off.
5-) Any problem?
Postby Gibletoid » 19 Mar 2018 05:33
I appreciate the help, but it's not inside Potplayer that is the problem and I think you misunderstand my question maybe, or I asked it poorly.

When I right click on the pinned taskbar icon, it shows me the last 12 files I have opened. If I start a show on episode one, and play the second and third episode and close Potplayer, when I right click on the pinned taskbar button (or running program button) it only shows the first file I started playing.

I was using MPC-HC before this, and when I would go from file to file by hitting next (or waiting until the epsiode ends and auto starting the next one) it would remember each file it had played.

With the way Potplayer works I have to skip ahead a few episodes to find where I left off.
Postby Gibletoid » 01 Apr 2018 22:18
So I guess there is no fix to fix the jump list then.
Postby D2NP » 01 Apr 2018 23:15
oh.. ok. i sent report to dev
Postby D2NP » 05 Apr 2018 20:51
this function will not change, according to the dev.
Postby Gibletoid » 19 Apr 2018 06:20
Thank your for looking into it.

Funny that the dev can't do what VLC, MPC-HC, and every other Windows 10 app that can "load files" can do. It's the odd man out on my PC with 30+ specifically installed apps. Explorer can do this. Office, Adobe, ala everyone.

Shame because otherwise it is nearly perfect.

If someone was to start listening to an album, and stopped at track 5 of 10, it's insane that the jump list only shows track one as played.

I would go as far as calling this a flaw as opposed to a bug.

But it is also a free program, so any flaws that the dev sees fit I can live with.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login