7 posts Page 1 of 1

HDR

Postby smoothnobody » 20 Oct 2017 10:08
i have a full blu-ray rip of planet earth 2. i normally play these with the "open folder" option in the menu. it plays fine but i'm not getting the "HDR content is now playing" popup on my tv. i've never tried to play anything HDR before and i'm wondering if potplayer can properly display HDR content.
Postby 감자사랑 » 20 Oct 2017 14:19
i'm not getting the "HDR content is now playing" popup on my tv.

Is it a HDR ready TV and HDR content? If then, HDR rendering should be done in TV.

Besides, there is an option for HDR to SDR.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Postby smoothnobody » 21 Oct 2017 00:10
all my hardware is HDR and so is planet earth. i know my end is good just not sure if potplayer supports HDR yet. i know for a long time you had to have a physical disc and BR player for UHD and HDR content. not sure if software players have caught up or if i need any special codecs or additional steps to playback HDR content.
Postby 감자사랑 » 21 Oct 2017 09:37
Hmm, did you get any HDR notice from other players? Try Movies & TV app in windows 10.

HDR is coming in PC environment for sure but it's still in early stage.

If you're going to try HDR, keep your OS up-to-date and probably you need the recent version of graphic card like pascal (GTX10X0 series).
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Postby smoothnobody » 21 Oct 2017 11:12
i have a 1080TI. i did get it working. you have to install madVR. potplayer doesn't pass on HDR metadata to the display. once you install madVR potplayer will properly display HDR content. wish the developers would update potplayer so we don't have to install additional stuff to play HDR content.
Postby 감자사랑 » 21 Oct 2017 11:18
Did you get HDR notice with madVR for sure?
Postby smoothnobody » 21 Oct 2017 13:11
ya
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login