7 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby jseidel » 09 Jan 2017 14:09
I've seen several postings on various forums stating the madVR video renderer will not work with 64 bit PotPlayer and Windows 10. I have both and madVR works very well indeed. I note folder on my computer with the latest update for madVR. Arrowed files are for 64 bit systems.
PotPlayer Video Preferences:
Postby jseidel » 14 Jan 2017 10:48
Found out the screen capture function does not work with madVR set as the video renderer. Have to go back to the default setting to capture a screen still.
J
Postby Amrael » 18 May 2017 05:08
I have 64 bit version with madVR and screen capture works flawlessly.
Postby jseidel » 18 May 2017 10:02
When I do a screen capture I use: "Save current screen frame as . . ." and then direct it to the folder I want and save as .jpg
Nothing is saved. The file is not in the folder. Which of the choices above do you use to save images that it works with madVR?
Thanks,
J
Postby Amrael » 18 May 2017 11:40
I simply use the "Capture" option from the control panel

Does that not work ?
Postby jseidel » 19 May 2017 10:03
I use the MetroX skin and things look different:
To open the control box on the bottom progress bar one clicks on the icon with the green arrow. This opens the control box, to click on the capture icon with the blue arrow -
The capture icon opens this window:
This evening I tried each of the capture choices in the window and none of them work. They all work with any of the PotPlayer video renderers enabled but not madVR. It may be a conflict with the MetroX skin that prevents the capture from happening.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.
J
Postby 감자사랑 » 19 May 2017 12:56
There are two ways of capturing in Potplayer. One is from the video renderers supporting the feature or through a video transform filter of Potplayer.

To capture the current size of playing window is an action from video renderer. This is what you're trying to capture. It depends on video renderer whether the function is available or not. If you cannot capture with madVR, I assume that madVR does not provide such a feature.

To capture as original resolution is an operation of a Potplayer's video processing filter. You can use this even if you're using madVR. However, this feature won't work without video transform filter. In other words, it does not work with DxVA enabled. By the way, it'll work with DxVA copyback mode. Cobyback means that video stream will be returned to main memory for additional processing in CPU after being decoded from the inside of some GPU block. QuickSync (Intel) and CUVID (nVidia) is basically copyback enabled decoder.

It's more complex than I explained as there are several exceptional conditions which I don't know all the details. The above is a part of it under general situations. If you're going to use Potplayer's features, it would be better to use built-in filters.
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login