4 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Anxiety » 09 Mar 2018 19:59
I have tons of videos that have been bookmarked on certain time codes in Potplayer. Now, my bookmark list seems kind of mess. I want to rearrange the order of how the bookmark lists appear in the context menu. I want to arrange in the order like the same video title or location. Basically, I want to put the last video that I bookmarked at the bottom to the top of the context list menu, without deleting the entire bookmark list and just re-bookmark them again.

I also have the videos that had changed their file location (changed from G: drive to H: drive) and now the bookmark timecodes are invalid.

So, is there a way for me to edit and sort the bookmark list? I would like to know if the bookmark setting is stored on certain folder that I can edit the INI file with Notepad to easily rearrange the list and rename their video location path.
Postby DVB Support » 10 Mar 2018 02:46
You can use Bookmark Editor ( H > Edit Bookmarks...) to arrange bookmark list in the context menu.In the editor, you can't only edit the path of the related file.So if you move a file from one place to another then you need to edit the path of the file under the key/section "[BMList]" in the Registry/INI.So to easily edit file paths from the INI file, check the option "Store settings to .ini file" under F5 > General and now you can reach the related INI file named "PotPlayerMini.ini" by clicking the link next to the option.(otherwise, you have to edit them from the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Daum\PotPlayerMini\BMList")
Also you have to close the program before editing the registry/INI.
Postby Anxiety » 10 Mar 2018 14:27
By the way, I forgot to mention that I still stick with old version (1.6.5..) and been using it for like 2 years already. When I use the newer version before, which at that time I think it's still around 1.6 version, I have problem in the video playback, so I installed the old version back and until now I'm still using that version with no issue. Seems my old version does not have an option to sort the bookmark list and I never performed any updates.

Well, I proceeded to download the latest one then (1.7.8...). The bookmarks sorting list option appear and I also can change the video path in the INI folder. Now, my bookmark list can be organized in the way that I want..

But, now I noticed the bookmark context menu requires me to click the arrow down to scroll for the remaining bookmarked video list and also have to click "More..." to show the rest. In the old version, the menu can be expanded to like 2 pages of menu, which I can easily choose which video to play from bookmark list. Also the bookmark titles have an extension (mp4,mov..) in front of the filename.

So, is there a way for me to get the expanded context menu back like the old version and can I remove the extension from bookmark list?
Postby DVB Support » 10 Mar 2018 15:28
The answer to both questions is no, but the only problem is that you don't know how to use the program;
1-) Enable the option "Place browsers into inactive chat area" under F5 > General
2-) For the easiest way to use your bookmark list, open Browser tab which is next to the Playlist, click on Navigate > Bookmark Navigator.
3-) Also there is Bookmark Navigator Window which has various features like search filter under F12 > Bookmark Navigator or right-click > Open > Navigate > Bookmarks (you can assign a hotkey to easily reach it under F5 > General > Keyboard > Add)

4 posts Page 1 of 1