6 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Borea » 12 Jan 2018 02:36
I am using Pot Player Ver. 1.7.7150 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

How can I delete the history of opened files?

Also I do not want PotPlayer to save the info of recently opened files, is it possible?
Postby DVB Support » 12 Jan 2018 04:07
if you're talking about File Open Dialog Box;
To clear list;
Misc > Other > Remove history of opened files from the File Open Dialog
To disable saving;
-Type gpedit.msc in the Start Search box of Windows, and then press ENTER
-In Local Group Policy Editor, double-click on "Hide the dropdown list of recent files" under User Configuration > Administrative Templates >Windows Components > File Explorer (or Windows Explorer) > Common Open File Dialog
-Select Enabled then Apply and OK

if you're talking about internal list;
To clear list;
Album/Favorites > Clear recent items list (Misc > "Show recent items list in favorites menu" must be enabled first)
To disable saving, uncheck the following options;
-F5 > general > Show recent items list in favorites menu
-F5 > playback > Remember video playback positions
-F5 > playback > Remember audio playback positions
Postby Borea » 15 Jan 2018 01:16
Hi,
Thank you for the reply.

I was looking for a a feature similar to that of GOM Player's. In the "Preferences > Others" section of GOM, there's a check box named: "Don't save/show recently viewed files". In the same section there is also a button named: "Delete History".

Your first suggestion for PotPlayer: "Misc > Other > Remove history" works fine. I was not aware of this. Thanks.

As you know, when I click the start button of Windows 7, a menu of recently used programs opens. PotPlayer is listed in that menu because I have pinned it to the Start Menu. When I hover the mouse pointer on PotPlayer, another list opens on the right hand side and it displays the recently opened/viewed files. I just don't wish to see that file list. In other words, I just do not wish PotPlayer to keep track/save the history of the recently viewed files similar to what GOM does.
Postby DVB Support » 15 Jan 2018 04:58
It is a Windows related feature that can be disabled in Windows itself.GOM Player just has a simple function to auto delete the opened items record from the recent items list inside registry;
In Windows 7-8
Uncheck the option "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar" under right-click on the taskbar > Properties > Start Menu
In Windows 10
Turn off the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" under right-click on the taskbar > Taskbar settings > Start
Postby Borea » 16 Jan 2018 01:14
Thank you for the second reply. As I said, "Misc > Other > Remove history of opened files..." feature is sufficient for me.
Postby Dreamer » 18 Jan 2018 07:59
Borea wrote:Thank you for the second reply. As I said, "Misc > Other > Remove history of opened files..." feature is sufficient for me.

I think this option can't remove the last played item.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Login