First unread post5 posts Page 1 of 1
Unread postby CosmicSurfer » 01 Aug 2019 06:54
Why is Pot Player trying to FORCE a Download of McAfee Software???
Which I do NOT want and Will NEVER Load !!!

So, either I will use Pot Player Un-updated for a while and see if this policy is Removed...
OR I WILL switch to another Player!!

Forcing Unwanted Software on users is so 20th Century!!

Either join us in the 21st century, Or Get out of the Business!!

The Clock is ticking... and YOU have the ball!!
Unread postby Dreamer » 02 Aug 2019 04:08
CosmicSurfer wrote:Why is Pot Player trying to FORCE a Download of McAfee Software???

You don't have to install it!

Right below your post you can find a solution, it's just one click:

PotPlayer without adware - links
Unread postby Calvinder » 01 Oct 2019 23:53
It is probably the only way McAfee gets on any pc :lol:
Unread postby Havokdan » 02 Oct 2019 01:25
If you block the installer of Internet access through the firewall, for example, nothing will appear on third parties to be installed on your PC.
Unread postby Hakker » 24 Oct 2019 01:53
Dreamer wrote:
CosmicSurfer wrote:Why is Pot Player trying to FORCE a Download of McAfee Software???

You don't have to install it!

Right below your post you can find a solution, it's just one click:

PotPlayer without adware - links

It isn't about the fact it can't be done. It's about the fact that it's even in there in the first place. It's a stupid design decision in the hope to make 5 bucks. The commission he gets for a succesful installation is literally in the cents department if it even reaches that.
Secondly it's implemented in such a way something like Unchecky don't even know how to deal with it making it just worse. You basically promote people to install adware to later get harassed by in this case McAfee for well you 30 days are up so pay up or else keep seeing this blasted popup in your face all day long.
Considering the knowledge of many users about programs and computers they basically freak out. Most notably since it happens as well when you update the program. So tech savvy nephew installs it so the computer illiterate can have a proper media player. They simply update click yes/ok on all and they get that crap.

Yes this is a bad business decision for the long run and I already switched my family members over to MPC-HC because of it. I can't deal with 20/30 people calling me because they got crap on their machines when I have a proper cleaned up environment setup for them. I'm still checking it once in a while in the hope the dev will get his sense back.
First unread post5 posts Page 1 of 1

Login