37 posts Page 3 of 4
Postby V@no » 23 Feb 2017 22:06
It want you select the folder were potplayer is installed in.
You might also need run it as admin, possibly.
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby Slusho » 24 Feb 2017 04:34
I got the v1.2 to work by running as admin. However, a couple issues:

1. The icon in the taskbar is not centered (which makes sense since the included icon isn't either. I can just change the icon to being centered to fix this I suppose. Was it always like this? I don't remember it being to the left like it is.

2. The yellow circle icon still shows in the corner of video icons on my desktop and in Explorer (Win10) with medium or large icons (extra large shows the old icon for some reason). I did restart my computer. You said v1.1 was made to handle this, right? Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.
Postby smw6230 » 24 Feb 2017 05:55
V@no wrote:First you need rename your .ico file to potplayer.exe.ico and poticons.dll.exe (name must match full filename with extension of the file it will be replaced in)
Second you need put that icon(s) into your potplayer folder or inside the same folder the "replacer" .exe is.

P.S.
The files in source folder is only needed if you want use the script directly or compile it yourself.


I'm stumped. I tried what you said and it still doesn't work. Renaming the dll.exe file kind of threw me because nobody in this string has mentioned having to do that before.

Oh well.
Postby V@no » 24 Feb 2017 12:51
Slusho wrote:Was it always like this? I don't remember it being to the left like it is.

2. Anything I can do to fix this?

1. yes, I believe it was always like this.
2. try restore defaults in potplayer's settings -> association and then apply to system


smw6230 wrote:I'm stumped. I tried what you said and it still doesn't work. Renaming the dll.exe file kind of threw me because nobody in this string has mentioned having to do that before.

Oh well.

you are first person attempting apply custom icon that is not part of the package.
You need to rename your custom icon file to match full .dll and .exe filenames
For 32bit potplayer your icon file must be named as: PotPlayerMini.exe.ico and PotIcons.dll.ico
Anyhow, I just updated to v1.3 that simplifies using custom icon. With that version all you need is have PotPlayer.ico file (this exact name) inside potplayer directory or inside the same directory where PotPlayer_icon_replacer is.
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby smw6230 » 25 Feb 2017 05:14
V@no wrote:
Slusho wrote:Was it always like this? I don't remember it being to the left like it is.

2. Anything I can do to fix this?

1. yes, I believe it was always like this.
2. try restore defaults in potplayer's settings -> association and then apply to system


smw6230 wrote:I'm stumped. I tried what you said and it still doesn't work. Renaming the dll.exe file kind of threw me because nobody in this string has mentioned having to do that before.

Oh well.

you are first person attempting apply custom icon that is not part of the package.
You need to rename your custom icon file to match full .dll and .exe filenames
For 32bit potplayer your icon file must be named as: PotPlayerMini.exe.ico and PotIcons.dll.ico
Anyhow, I just updated to v1.3 that simplifies using custom icon. With that version all you need is have PotPlayer.ico file (this exact name) inside potplayer directory or inside the same directory where PotPlayer_icon_replacer is.


FWIW, this did work. Thanks.
Postby castled » 03 Mar 2017 21:16
I registed this account just for reply here, I hate this yellow egg too!

Yellow is the most unidentifiable pure color in RGB, and mixed with a flat icon like a current ungly iphone which kill the idea of true apple.
Postby MikeO89 » 06 Mar 2017 09:16
Potplayer just updated again and apparently they plan on sticking to this ugly yellow icon thing. This fix from v@no still works to get rid of them.
Postby nightcrawlerpot » 08 Mar 2017 18:02
MikeO89 wrote:Potplayer just updated again and apparently they plan on sticking to this ugly yellow icon thing. This fix from v@no still works to get rid of them.


Seriously! I just moved from Zooplayer and am LOVING LOVING LOVING Potplayer but good fucking god WTF WERE THEY THINKING??

How could programmers of such genius software make such a horrendous design decision. Is it all downhill from here? :(

Thx again to the programmer of the AHK script. Livesaver!
Postby husky10 » 03 Apr 2017 01:01
[EDIT]
I've updated the script to v1.1 that also fixes the association icon (link in my original reply)[/quote]


Where can I find this script?
Postby V@no » 03 Apr 2017 01:13
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
37 posts Page 3 of 4

Login

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests