37 posts Page 2 of 4
Postby MikeO89 » 22 Feb 2017 06:49
When I try your link now it says it's no longer available.
Postby V@no » 22 Feb 2017 08:11
Sorry about that, messed up sharing options. Fixed now.
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby MikeO89 » 22 Feb 2017 08:29
That did the trick. Man thanks again for your work. That yellow icon was driving my eyes nuts especially when I'm viewing a folder with 30 video thumbnails in it with 30 yellow icons staring me in the face. Next time Potplayer decides to update, I'm going to be sitting there wondering what's next.
Postby nightcrawlerpot » 22 Feb 2017 08:51
V@no wrote:@MikeO89:
You don't need copy anything, you can just execute the .exe file and show it where PotP is.
The source folder inside the package is for these who want to see how it works and/or compile it themselves.

The script creates a backup file of anything it modifies (the .bak file), so in your case you executed it twice. It's not created when PotP is playing video.

As of association icons, to be honest I didn't realize it changes them too...I'm still seeing old style icons, but I didn't run re-association in new version yet.

[EDIT]
I've updated the script to v1.1 that also fixes the association icon (link in my original reply)

Seriously, I can't thank you enough for this. It's such a small insignificant program but you handled it perfectly.

1) easy explanation
2) portable
3) updates w/ version numbers & changelog.

The only thing missing IMO is the ability to specify (automatically without having a window popup) where Potplayer.EXE is. The idea behind this is that every time I launch PotPlayer, I run the EXE and boom all is well without any other user intervention.
Postby V@no » 22 Feb 2017 10:34
nightcrawlerpot wrote:The only thing missing IMO is the ability to specify (automatically without having a window popup) where Potplayer.EXE is. The idea behind this is that every time I launch PotPlayer, I run the EXE and boom all is well without any other user intervention.

It only asks you to show where PotPlayer folder is when it can't find PotPlayer's files inside same folder it was launched from. If you copy it to PotPlayer directory it should work as you wanted.

Also added v1.2 with ability control creating backup .bak files and showing success message popup (edit .ini file)
Postby tench2kileo » 22 Feb 2017 12:59
Good work!
New icon gives me eye burns too.
Postby DaumUserSince2011 » 23 Feb 2017 03:46
Thank you as well. Until now I the icon changes have gradually gotten better. From the ok D shaped logo, to the more rounded and lighter logo, to this one which is sharp and to the point. Then they go back to a circle and they change the colour to mustard. Anyway made an account purely so I could chime in and hopefully send a message to the devs to rethink this one.
Postby smw6230 » 23 Feb 2017 14:37
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using nightcrawler zip to change the new yellow potplayer icon. I guess I'm weird because I actually like the original Daum Potplayer icon. I downloaded that 32x32 ico file (link to file below) and replaced the (32x32) icon in nightcrawler's source folder with that one.

The program runs fine but I simply cannot get that icon to stick. Instead I get the global icon that Potplayer used before it was chanced to yellow (play icon)?

Does anyone see my mistake.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8741483499
Postby V@no » 23 Feb 2017 21:20
First you need rename your .ico file to potplayer.exe.ico and poticons.dll.exe (name must match full filename with extension of the file it will be replaced in)
Second you need put that icon(s) into your potplayer folder or inside the same folder the "replacer" .exe is.

P.S.
The files in source folder is only needed if you want use the script directly or compile it yourself.
Postby mothandras » 23 Feb 2017 21:38
Still can't figure this out.. I have tried all three versions, and it just keeps wanting me to select the source folder.

No matter which folder in daum\potplayer or any other folder within.. it is never satisfied and keeps popping back up.
37 posts Page 2 of 4

Login