37 posts Page 1 of 4
Postby ProfessorStormy » 19 Feb 2017 17:32
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3a9l ... 2dIVWl4MHM

I don't like the bright yellow with white arrow. Gives me eye burns. 8-)
Postby nightcrawlerpot » 19 Feb 2017 18:12
Thank you so much! Is there any way to change the icon back permanently via settings? Won't it just change back when you upgrade to next version?

EDIT: I tried following this, but it didn't work. The yellow icon sticks. Sucks!
https://www.howtogeek.com/75983/stupid- ... .exe-file/
Postby SathuRjan » 20 Feb 2017 00:36
Yes, me too , i don't like new yellow icon . old icon is very nice and attractive. please change icon. old icon and interface are okay. don't change icon and interface
Postby darkwolflair » 20 Feb 2017 02:35
Same here, hate new icon, and also yellow. If it's possible to keep the old one, and keep PotPlayer up to date.
Postby V@no » 20 Feb 2017 12:10
I don't know who came up with an idea of having egg yolk as icon, combination of light yellow with white is absolutely a NO NO, it's horrible! Somebody had too much pot while designing it?.

Anyhow, here is AutoIT script which is using Resource Hacker to replace icon in PotPlayerMini.exe and PotPlayerMini64.exe files (pre-compiled version is included)
Simply run the .exe (or if you now how, the .au3 script), select folder where PotP is installed and that's all. (it will create backups (.bak) for any files it modifies.

By default it uses icon provided in the package, but you can add PotPlayerMini.ico for 32bit and PotPlayerMini64.ico for 64bit PotP, to PotPlayer directory and it will use them instead. Explorer might not show new icon until explorer process or windows restarted, but it shows new icon at taskbar when player is running (at least for me on W10)
How to replace ugly new yellow icon in PotPlayer with the old one or your own
Display breadcrumbs links on this forum and a link to latest PotPlayer beta.
Postby nightcrawlerpot » 20 Feb 2017 13:01
V@no wrote:I don't know who came up with an idea of having egg yolk as icon, combination of light yellow with white is absolutely a NO NO, it's horrible! Too much pot, I guess.

Anyhow, here is AutoIT script which is using Resource Hacker to replace icon in PotPlayerMini.exe and PotPlayerMini64.exe files (pre-compiled version is included)

By default it uses icon provided in the package, but you can add PotPlayerMini.ico for 32bit and PotPlayerMini64.ico for 64bit PotP, to PotPlayer directory and it will use them instead. Explorer might not show new icon until explorer process or windows restarted, but it shows new icon at taskbar when player is running (at least for me on W10)

Yay! PROBLEM FIXED! Thank you!!
Can confirm this works and it's not malware:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/71d9 ... 487562904/

I'm puzzled why the app came down in size from 400 > 100
Postby V@no » 20 Feb 2017 14:31
nightcrawlerpot wrote:I'm puzzled why the app came down in size from 400 > 100
It's because old icon had only 4 sizes in RGBA (32bit) format and 2 sizes with 256 colors (8bit), plus it used png compression.
The new icon has all 6 sizes in RGBA and no compression, hens old .ico file weight only 25kb while new style .ico 362kb (it would be 104kb with compression)
Postby misha19 » 21 Feb 2017 18:41
WTF yellow icon sucks
Postby MikeO89 » 21 Feb 2017 19:42
Thanks so much V@no for that. I hated the yellow icon, especially on all the thumbnails. Hard on the eyes. I got it to work but tell me if I did it right. I unzipped that zip to a folder (PotPlayer_icon_replacer_v1.0) and put that folder in the potplayer folder. Copied the potplayer.ico from the source folder and also put that in the potplayer folder. I then opened the folder and clicked on "PotPlayer_icon_replacer_v1.0.exe" and pointed it to the Potplayer folder. It then said it was successful but nothing changed. I did a reboot and damn it worked. All my video thumbnails now show the old icon. Did I do it all right? I assume I'm going to have to leave that folder in the potplayer folder for good? I also notice that every time I play a vid I get a "potplayermini.exe.20170221012656.bak" added. Have two in there already (with different numbers). Is the potplayer folder going to fill up with those now every time I use potplayer and it will be ok to keep deleting them?

I just noticed something else. Going into potplayer preferences - associations, not all the icons are changed there. Most of them are but there are a few like webm and some others that are still keeping the yellow icon. Any ideas on why some didn't change?
Postby V@no » 21 Feb 2017 22:10
@MikeO89:
You don't need copy anything, you can just execute the .exe file and show it where PotP is.
The source folder inside the package is for these who want to see how it works and/or compile it themselves.

The script creates a backup file of anything it modifies (the .bak file), so in your case you executed it twice. It's not created when PotP is playing video.

As of association icons, to be honest I didn't realize it changes them too...I'm still seeing old style icons, but I didn't run re-association in new version yet.

[EDIT]
I've updated the script to v1.1 that also fixes the association icon (link in my original reply)
37 posts Page 1 of 4

Login