Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13 Next
Unread postby D2NP » 11 Dec 2017 01:19
Dreamer wrote:I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
I mean that I do not like some changes, even as an option in the skin settings. Users must edit the skin, do their own modification of the skin.

Dreamer wrote:It's partly also the problem of PP, since the playlist cover the whole height and the player can't be closed if playlist is activated in auto-hide mode, because there is no player exit button and the main title bar can't be displayed without closing or hiding the playlist.
It's not a problem. This is the expected behavior for "windowed mode" + "Hide main window skin while widow screen is active". It is necessary to use it as it is.

Dreamer wrote:Another related PP issue is, that if the playlist is detached and the title bar is auto-hidden, the playlist X button is the only visible X button and it looks like the player exit button.
I do not see the problem in pressing the necessary button to close the player. Hover the cursor over the title bar and click the exit button from the player. This is a personal problem.

Dreamer wrote:Another example, in the web browsers clicking the tab X button exit the whole program, not just the tab.
I do not like this illogical behavior at all. Close tab button should close the tab, do not close the program.

Dreamer wrote:- graphical divide the part of the area around the [X] button (by line, strip, different color..)
- add another (smaller) [X] button in the row with tabs, next to buttons [>] and [v]
These changes will not
Always try the latest beta version (now x64 only) before continuing a discussion here.
When you have a problem (Follow steps 1,2,3)
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Unread postby Dreamer » 11 Dec 2017 02:32
D2NP wrote:It's not a problem. This is the expected behavior for "windowed mode" + "Hide main window skin while widow screen is active".

It's your opinion.
My opinion is, that it is a problem, I expect that when I move a cursor to the top-right window corner and click the X button, window will be closed.

If the playlist is detached, playlist is a separate window and it's normal that this window is closed if the X button is used, but if the playlist is attached, it's the part of the main program window, so that main window should be closed IMHO (of course, if you don't like it, it's OK).

I'll try to explain my situation a bit more.
I'm using attached playlist and auto-hiding of all panels including the playlist. Sometimes I need to open and close PP window many times. Easiest way to quickly exit PP is to move a cursor to the top-right screen corner and click the X button, I'm using a mouse feature "enhance pointer precision", so I can do it very quickly. I'm using this way also in other programs which are placed in top right corner and all programs which are maximized.

PP has an auto-hide feature, which is really useful, but when I move a mouse cursor quickly to the top-right corner, sometimes the playlist is shown first (not the title bar), I click the left button by instinct, I can't control it, so sometimes I need to move a cursor up and click the X button again and then playlist is missing next time I start PP, have to open it.

Personally I never need to close the playlist and I wonder if anyone needs to close the playlist if auto-hide option is used - it's a feature which helps to maintain the playlist opened permanently, so the users don't have to open and close it every time.

For example, the bottom navigation bar don't have any X button to close the navigation bar, because it's not needed.

I really wonder, if anyone move a cursor up - directly to the X button, click it to close the playlist and then move a cursor down - directly to the playlist button and click it to show it again - if he can just move a cursor left to hide and right to show.
Unread postby D2NP » 15 Dec 2017 23:05
Dreamer wrote:PP has an auto-hide feature, which is really useful, but when I move a mouse cursor quickly to the top-right corner, sometimes the playlist is shown first (not the title bar), I click the left button by instinct, I can't control it, so sometimes I need to move a cursor up and click the X button again and then playlist is missing next time I start PP, have to open it.
I reported your problem to the developer
and
any improvement in this plan is not expected
so use this feature as is, or edit the skin

Skin is updated to 1.0.2, links in first post.
Always try the latest beta version (now x64 only) before continuing a discussion here.
Unread postby Dreamer » 16 Dec 2017 21:32
Thanks for the new version of the skin, D2NP!

I have a question - I found CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_WINDOW' 5 times in the file, should I change all items if I want to use EXIT PP only if playlist is attached in fullscreen and window mode, or is it impossible?

I found also the tooltip, so perhaps I could change it too, but how? I could change also the right click action to close playlist, so is this change OK?

<Button Tooltip='$CMD_CLOSE_WINDOW' CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_WINDOW' AltCmdID='ID_APP_EXIT'
v v v v v
<Button Tooltip='$CMD_APP_EXIT' CmdID='ID_APP_EXIT' AltCmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_WINDOW'

D2NP wrote:Just replace the commands you need
ID_PLAYLIST_WINDOW to ID_APP_EXIT

in Include.SubCommon.PlaylistSkinArea.1.xml
Unread postby D2NP » 17 Dec 2017 19:10
Dreamer wrote:
if I want to use EXIT PP only if playlist is attached in fullscreen and window mode
if only for the attached mode
replase only 74 line - https://imgur.com/UFLXNAf

Dreamer wrote:
<Button Tooltip='$CMD_CLOSE_WINDOW' CmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_WINDOW' AltCmdID='ID_APP_EXIT'
v v v v v
<Button Tooltip='$CMD_APP_EXIT' CmdID='ID_APP_EXIT' AltCmdID='ID_PLAYLIST_WINDOW'
yes, that's right
Unread postby Dreamer » 19 Dec 2017 03:46
Thanks.
Unread postby Dreamer » 18 Feb 2018 21:58
D2NP - another user reported issue with default skin here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19705&p=25871#p25857

It's the same with this skin. There's a workaround for default skin...

DVB Support wrote:Extract default.dsf in skin folder, open TopCommon.txt, delete line 10 "<Layout Align='Right' Width='13' />" and save the file, that's all.You can select this extracted folder as skin in PotPlayer or zip it again and change its extension as dsf.

Perhaps it would work with this skin too, with different changes, but if any new feature will be added, I'd have to edit the skin again.

Could you change this skin, please? So that if I move a cursor to the top-right corner, I could click the Exit button. This way it would be much easier and faster - and the same as in all standard windows in Windows 10.

Thanks.
Unread postby D2NP » 20 Feb 2018 05:36
Indents of buttons is made specially.
Even if increase the area of pressing to the borders of the Panel in which the button is located, in some situations will be indented 1 pixel (black border in 1 pixel on perimeter of skin).
So I will not make this change.
Unread postby Dreamer » 20 Feb 2018 06:49
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if it's possible to edit this skin - if I'd like to do it, or is it impossible?
Unread postby DVB Support » 20 Feb 2018 07:44
Add the following code under line 36 in Include.VideoSkin.Top.1.xml

Code: Select all
<Button Tooltip='$ID_APP_EXIT' CmdID='ID_APP_EXIT' Left='-10' Top='0' Width='50' Height='50' ImageLeft='430' ImageTop='330' />
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13 Next

Login