23 posts Page 2 of 3
Postby Dreamer » 08 Sep 2017 00:14
D2NP wrote:For future questions.
Please create a new topic for the question(s), or a topic for discussing a specific skin. Questions go away from the original topic(discussion of fmod skin), it's not convenient.

OK, sorry, I'll reply to previous post in the other topic. I just couldn't find the official SplashPot topic - and most of my suggestions are for both skins.
Postby Dreamer » 14 Sep 2017 04:15
D2NP - when do you plan to release a new version of this skin? I miss the option to "exit PP" with the X playlist button, if the playlist is attached (as in Splashpot).

Few more suggestions (for fMod and SplashPot skins):

- In built-in skin, if Digital TV is used, buttons "up" and "down" (previous/next channel) are used instead of seek buttons. In fMod (and SplashPot) skin(s) standard seek buttons are used, they work, but they work vice versa, previous button works as "next channel". I don't need different button icons, but could you change the functions, so that "previous file" button [|<<] would work as "previous channel" and "next" button [>>|] would work as "next channel", please?

- I have both, Digital TV and IPTV, so I need to distinguish if the actual channel is from DTV or IPTV. In build-in skin, in the title bar, the channel name for DTV is "{DTV} Dvojka HD", in fMod (and SplashPot) the name is just "Dvojka HD", could you use "{DTV}" prefix too?
Postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2017 01:11
Dreamer wrote:D2NP - when do you plan to release a new version of this skin?
updated

Dreamer wrote:but they work vice versa, previous button works as "next channel".
this is strange..
I do not have a digital TV to check this
but, maybe fix

Dreamer wrote:could you use "{DTV}" prefix too?
The prefix is needed only for digital TV?
Postby Dreamer » 16 Sep 2017 01:30
D2NP wrote:updated

Thanks.

D2NP wrote:
Dreamer wrote:but they work vice versa, previous button works as "next channel".
this is strange..
I do not have a digital TV to check this
but, maybe fix

In Preferences > General > use option "Store settings to .ini file, then open PotPlayerMini.ini in text editor and add this text at the top of the text and save the file while PP is not running. (First backup your settings, PP may crash)

Code: Select all
[BdaTvChlList]
0=-1,0,3302,3311,0,0,506000,8000,0,0,Jednotka HD
1=-1,1,3302,3311,0,0,506000,8000,0,0,Jednotka HD
2=-1,2,3402,3411,0,0,506000,8000,0,0,Dvojka HD
3=-1,3,2502,2511,0,0,778000,8000,0,0,TA3

Then you should be able to test Digital TV functions even without TV card. Or you can create few channels manually, with any values, for analog or digital TV, in Preferences > Device > TV channels > Add...

BTW channel switching works vice versa also for analog TV.

D2NP wrote:
Dreamer wrote:could you use "{DTV}" prefix too?
The prefix is needed only for digital TV?

Yes, for me, but if it's not complicated, you can add also {ATV} for analog TV.
Postby Dreamer » 16 Sep 2017 02:00
if playlist attached - "Close" button - Exit player

This works, but only if right button is used, in SplashPot it works with left button.

One more suggestion (for fMod and SplashPot skins):

Default action for the first button "i" - left button is "Display full playback info on screen", it's that colorful info on whole screen. For normal usage it's quite useless. Could you change it, at least for DM mode, please?

"i" button (left mouse click) - change to "Display playback time info on screen".

This OSD information is useful for common usage, it's configurable and it may display: elapsed, remaining, total time, %, local time and end time, which is missing in the Navigation panel.
Postby Dreamer » 16 Sep 2017 04:18
I forgot, the minimum width of playlist is not changed in fMod skin, DM mode, it's too wide in small window. Could you change the minimum width to the same value as in SplashPot DM mode, please?

EDIT: I have another idea. I have requested buttons for playback speed, plus, minus and toggle/reset speed, it was not added, but as I see, the button PLAY has no action for the right mouse button, so why not use right click on the PLAY button for "Speed > Normal/Previous"? Once the custom speed is changed, e.g. to 0.5x, this value is saved also on PP exit, so we need just one button to quickly toggle normal / custom speed, we could slow down anything right clicking the PLAY button, could you add it, please, at least in DM mode (and also for SplashPot skin)?
Postby D2NP » 16 Sep 2017 04:49
Dreamer wrote:This works, but only if right button is used, in SplashPot it works with left button.
"- Playlist: in fullscreen, if playlist attached - "Close" button - Exit player"

Dreamer wrote:"i" button (left mouse click) - change to "Display playback time info on screen".
ok

Dreamer wrote:minimum width of playlist
Less width can hide file information in playlist

Dreamer wrote:right click on the PLAY button for "Speed > Normal/Previous"
ok
Postby Dreamer » 16 Sep 2017 05:37
D2NP wrote:Less width can hide file information in playlist

I think it doesn't matter, it's just an option, it can be changed if needed, anytime. The main window size can be changed too - then some buttons are hidden too, in minimum PP window size even Mute button is hidden, I think the part of file info is not as important as Mute.

Please check these screenshots:

fMod, minimum window size vs. minimum playlist width, it covers almost 90%.

SplashPot with changed minimum playlist width, all buttons are visible.

BTW I found a bug, you can see it on the first screenshot, number of items is not updated (1 item in playlist, [1/2] in the nav. bar), but it's not a skin bug, it's also in build-in skin, so I'll report it as PP bug in the new topic.
Postby D2NP » 17 Sep 2017 17:19
Сheck the changes, updated the skin.
Sorry, I will not change the width. You can manually change.
Postby Dreamer » 18 Sep 2017 01:09
D2NP wrote:Сheck the changes, updated the skin.

Thanks, everything is working, except the X playlist button to exit PP with left click, if attached.

D2NP wrote:Sorry, I will not change the width. You can manually change.

I don't want you to change the default width, just option to change the minimum possible width. No important information or button would be hidden. It could be resizable anytime.

Less width can hide file information in playlist

Some file information is hidden even with the current minimum width, file names with long names are partly hidden, also the playlist names and whole playlist tabs are completely hidden and we need to click the [>] button to show them - file info could be shown the same way, by resizing the playlist.

Another reason for thinner playlist is, that I'm using PP in small window often, for main window or in fullscreen as PIP, when I want to move the small window of double click to switch it to fullscreen, wide playlist is auto-displayed and I click / double-click the playlist item by mistake, so I lose the playing file and the position, it's really annoying. Switching the playlist off/on every time is not a good solution.

If the file info is still so important for you, what about removing it, only from DM mode? It's not the best solution for me, but it would be the same as in SplashPot.

Currently all important features and changes are in DM mode, but I will have to unpack, edit, save and pack each new version of the skin, just to change one number. Please think about it. :(
23 posts Page 2 of 3

Login