9 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby BluesFanUK » 12 Aug 2017 21:15
Not sure if this is possible, but PotPlayer has a really useful feature to see thumbnail preview (outside of fullscreen exclusive mode). Problem is the seek bar itself is so smal when you're trying to quickly find something you end up moving the mouse off the bar itself and lose where you were at.

MPC-BE has a similar function with a much bigger seek bar area, problem is the software itself is just not as good as PotPlayer. So, is there anyway to increase its size? I'm presuming it's part of the skin, just not sure where to find it. Thanks
Postby 감자사랑 » 12 Aug 2017 23:54
Try other skins or you need to edit the skin by yourself. Probably, D2NP could help you if he is here. :)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4415&start=20#p8655
Always try the latest beta version (x32 only) before continuing a discussion here.
This is NOT official support though. It is my contribution to Potplayer.
Postby BluesFanUK » 13 Aug 2017 02:46
Thanks. All the skins i've tried have the same seek bar.

I've unpacked the default skin as I quite like it, I just need to know where that seek bar size resides so I can make it bigger.

Had a look at that link and it's extremely difficult to find exactly what you want to change, may need someone to tell me where specificially it sits. thanks :D
Postby D2NP » 13 Aug 2017 03:37
CMD_TIMEBAR_CTRL - This command for the progress bar slider
You can find this command in any skin.
Using the search for all files.
With Notepad++:
- Ctrl+Shift+F(search in files)
- set skin folder(unpacked skin folder)
- find CMD_TIMEBAR_CTRL

For Default.dsf skin:
BottomVideo.txt - line 30 - <Slider Align='Client' CmdID='CMD_TIMEBAR_CTRL' .... /> - and change attributes

Edited skin, height progress bar increased from 17 to 24 pixels: Download
Postby BluesFanUK » 13 Aug 2017 19:28
Many thanks D2NP, much appreciated. Unfortunately for some reason it's just not working for me.

I've found Timebar in Notepad++ Line 30, the height doesn't change though. The downloaded link you kindly provided says height=17 (couldn't see it at 24), i've tried to make it bigger but the progress bar remains the same size when I play a video.

I found the SplashPot skin on here (might be the one you created D2NP?), it's a very classy skin, and the progress bar on that is big in height, i'm trying to make it like that but double in size.
Postby D2NP » 13 Aug 2017 21:54
Yes, it can be. Many interrelated moments.
In general, it depends on the specific task, and the skin.

And another moment, the image (visually) of the progress bar also needs to be increased?

Write the required height of the progress bar in pixels, and I'll try to increase it. How do I understand the need for a progress bar of 40 pixels? :o
Postby BluesFanUK » 14 Aug 2017 00:15
The image preview on the task bar is fine, it's purely the progress bar itself i'd like a bit bigger.

I've switched to SplashPot as it's a much tidier skin, but the progress bar is still a bit too small, see below, raising it up to the red line i've drawn on would be perfect:

I think this SplashPot is 20 pixels by default, so 40 pixels would be perfect.

Odd request I know, but when i'm very quickly going scrubbing through my videos my shakey hand tends to go away from the line. I also use auto hide so the bar never gets in the way when i'm watching in fullscreen.
Postby D2NP » 14 Aug 2017 04:41
Done. Check it - Download
Postby BluesFanUK » 14 Aug 2017 05:51
Perfect! That's exactly what I was after. You're a star, thank you. :D 8-)
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Login